You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 7:02am

Manual update of Flash Player in client

Some time ago I started to notice that the version of Flash Player on the client is different from latest released. It's no secret that the new version of Flash Player have a new built-in functions, new technologies, usually improve performance

Here instructions for manual update of it:
- Update Flash Player on your computer,
- Copy file with the latest version of flash player "NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx. dll" in the game folder (right now latest version is 16.0.0.235)

- Delete "npswf32. dll".
- Rename new file to "npswf32. dll"
Done.

Path to NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx.dll:

C: \WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx . dll

Path to game folder on my computer:
D:\Games\Legend - Legacy Of The Dragons (EN)

Start game client and check Flash Player version. If you did everything right it will be latest version.
I'm really sorry for my english if i have some grammatical or punctuation mistakes :rolleyes:

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 8:47am

need something different when your machine is using flash64...and perhaps this might be some of my problem. needs more investigation. had to return the files above to original state or game would not run at all!
I'll look that up...

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 9:11am

need something different when your machine is using flash64...and perhaps this might be some of my problem. needs more investigation. had to return the files above to original state or game would not run at all!
Checked with 64-bit flash. Yes, client is not running. Try to download portable version of Flash Player and copy 32-bit dll file from it

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 12:24pm

problem with client

hi ice wind i can't find NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx. dll. Can you pls tell me the way/the route to find it?

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 1:04pm

RE: problem with client

hi ice wind i can't find NPSWF32_xx_x_x_xxx. dll. Can you pls tell me the way/the route to find it?

It should be in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\ or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\ . "xx_x_x_xxx" is number of your version. If you cant find it in these folders, you can download from link in my info

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 2:59pm

THX

thx ICE

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 3:25pm

problem

Nothing ICE , the client does not work

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 5:23pm

RE: problem

Nothing ICE , the client does not work

I dont know how to help you. If you did anything right client must work. Are you sure that you renamed it to "npswf"? i yes, try to reinstall client and make it again

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 5:54pm

*npswf32

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 5:56pm

If using 64-bit Windows - the flash file you need to copy from, is stored here...
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

@OP, please always mention versions that can cause compatibility issues when posting things like this and advising to mess with required system files. Your post does not mention anywhere that it is for 64 bit or 32 bit.
For the people not good with technology, you're literally asking them to do something dangerous that could make their software not run properly.

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 5:57pm

In addition to what anyone would want to do, please please make sure you take a backup of any file you replace. Deleting is pure idiocy and simply renaming the file's extension would be ok enough.

(Also make sure your client is not running)

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 9:23pm

problem solved

Do 2 click on the icon of adobe flash player , then local memory settings by site and then delete all file.

I solved the problem in this way . sorry for my bad english :beer:

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 7:27am

seem to have at least partial success on my 64-bit machine(still testing), but the path is a bit different:

c:\windows\syswow64\macromedia\flash\NPSWF32_16_0_0_235.dll

in my.com directory changed npswf32.dll to npswf32.old
copied the 1st file to npswf32.dll

the file found in windows\system32\...\npswf64_16_0_0_235.dll does NOT work for my machine.
I'll look that up...

Friday, September 30th 2016, 8:53pm

can't find any of these things, can't update client flashplayer

Friday, September 30th 2016, 9:26pm

can't find any of these things, can't update client flashplayer

If you do not have Firefox installed the file needed will not be here - c:\windows\syswow64\macromedia\flash\NPSWF32_16_0_0_235.dll

Friday, September 30th 2016, 9:27pm

Or your system folders are hidden by default depending on OS. Check google how to unhide them.

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 5:28pm

Having trouble locating the files in sys folder. And i have all hidden files already set to display. Flash folder only shows activeX. not sure how to find other file to copy over.

Any help is appreciated.
Never flinch...Never fear...Never forget

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 5:31pm

try downloading firefox, for me it gave me the file i needed somehow

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 5:51pm

I dont have firefox, dont want firefox, wont install firefox as I wont use it. The files are not located in the place that the link provided was to show. Perhaps on xp/W7/8 computers but not on W10.

A simpler solution must be found. This can be solved with a simple update from game providers by just adding the correct .dll to an update and all will be ok.

Till then, i'll find a manual solution on my own and then post it to you here.
Sith
You really know its "game over" when the most fun we have is talking in forums...

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 5:59pm

installed firefox and still no files there in flash folder.. nor anywhere else besides game folder. did a search of entire PC including hidden files.

please find a solution. and BTW all my internet sites show the current 23.0 version of flash
Never flinch...Never fear...Never forget