You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 10th 2015, 10:52am

Collecting resources is boring!

Weekly knowledge test:10/07- 16/07/2015

Collecting resources is boring! So what are your tipps and tricks to keep yourself amused whilst doing it?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Jul 31st 2015, 11:13am)

Friday, July 10th 2015, 10:57am

read the forum while collecting resources or udr full map and work on construction of your buildings

Friday, July 10th 2015, 11:15am

Collect resource is definitely boring, yes, but it's a good way to socialize!!!

Use picking time to chat with friends, in clan or outside, to read forum, to study (I mean .... Study GAME tihings, of course :shuffle: )!!!

Good gaming requires knowledge, so, friends can give you clues on what you need to improve you, even read forum (well... sometimes, when trolls sleep .well: ) can be good...

However, the most important thing to do is... HAVE FUN!!! and, because this is a game.... joking and chatting is my definitive answer!

Friday, July 10th 2015, 11:40am

What you should do when you are bored while gathering resources:
-Watch movies on the other screen or even the same (that's what I do)
-Listen to music
-Play on guitar :lol:
-Chat with friends and clannies
-Read the forum
-Learn, I often read sth interesting while picking
-Answer Weekly knowledge test question

Friday, July 10th 2015, 12:07pm

While I gather plants, I:
-read the forum (normally, battles forum)
-study lenguages
-pamper my cats
-listen to music \m/
-chat with people
-chat with my girlfriend :D
-learn about game and take advices
-watch to spanish youtubers
-answer weekly contests :)

Friday, July 10th 2015, 12:09pm

While I gather plants, I:
-read the forum (normally, battles forum)
-study lenguages
-pamper my cats
-listen to music \m/
-chat with people
-chat with my girlfriend :D
-learn about game and take advices
-watch to spanish youtubers
-answer weekly contests :)
Ah, I forgot! study mithology, in special, nordic mithology :)

Friday, July 10th 2015, 12:37pm

I usually read game guides and try to figure out what should I do to achieve my future goals, so while I make the money I also plan what to do with it :P

Apart from that, I usually just watch videos on YouTube, Since I'm only level 3 I can gather resources really fast, so I don't really need too much distraction thought, so most of the time rather than watching videos, stalking other player's profiles does the trick for me :P

Friday, July 10th 2015, 4:43pm

Picking Cuckoos, I like to listen to Music, and play+sing along with it.
Other plants, I just like to read while it picks :)

Friday, July 10th 2015, 4:58pm

" I'm so bored while collecting ressources ... What should i do to have fun while working my profession ? "

Well my dear friend i think i have your answer
:lol:
1- My favorite way to not feel the time is using the clan chat
:teacher:
The clan chat is a wonderful creation , I can't remember the hours i spent laughing in the what whille getting Fire Flowers
:smile:

2- Another option , go visit our dear forum
:wizard:
You can find some hilarious topics to read while collecting those ressources ! This option can also add some activity to the forum by the way
:speak:
... Very players miss some good discussions you can only find in WOD forums ... ^^

3- In my case , i often open Anime Episods while getting my plants
:embarressed:You can do the same with a movie , a podcast or anything you enjoy seeing online
:cool:
Until now this is my best option , i got hundreds of Fire Flowers like that
:wink:

4- Number four is a pair number
So my next suggestion is to have somone next to you to talk while gathering those cursed ressources without getting bored ... The chat works with the same system , having a friend inside the game (or even outside in other websites ^^ ) makes the pain of waiting less harder !

5- Sometimes while getting ressources i play games on my phone and a very good option
:ghost:
But avoid games where you need full attention
So you don't forget to collect your ressources while playing !

6- That's the opportunity to listen some music , music by the way makes you lose the sense of time
:dance:
Have a very nice and long playlist for ressource gathering and enjoy your game
:music:

That's my share on the Weekly Knowledge question this time
:smile:
Hope you liked my post !
:beer:

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 3:29am

How to keep your self ammused

There are many ways to keep yourself intertained while working on your proffession.

1. First of all, you can interact with the players around you either in main chat, or in your clan/allience chat.

2. Secondly, you can increase your knowledge base of WoD by looking at the forums. Also, doing these amazing quizes and earning awesome prizes. :)

3. I like to look at sites like Info4wod (mentor site) and other such sites that can give valueble information regarding different aspects of this game.

4. Fourthly, watching some TV or something whilst working on your proffession. (I'm currently watching the old Hogans Heroes series) IT'S AMAZING!!!

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 5:53pm

Weekly Knowledge Test

Whats generally fun for me is looking up obscure words in urban dictionary.... oh the darkness of some peoples mind :noo: . Other then that I think about how long will this take and my plan for the money I get from this. :money:

Sometimes if I'm really board I like to have the odd apricot or two... or possibly 20. :embarressed:
If even that doesn't work, then the world has gone mad, but then I entertain myself by queuing and de-queing from the arena, at least till that fish has fished its last fish.

But, still, as a completely and ABSOLUTELY last resort, I try to think of compliments for my 9 year old very annoying cousin, where were mainly like this :clubbing: .
Then if even that doesn't work, I just sit back close my eyes for the 25 seconds it takes to collect green fish, and try to imagine weird scenarios for random things.

I hope I have given some of you some ideas, goodbye till the next WToK (weekly test of knowledge)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I just wish... that everyone could get along, shut up, and not talk to me.

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 6:41am

this thing

or again, i also make my nine year old cousin do it for me :whistling: , because, as this thread is dedicated to, gathering resources is boring.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I just wish... that everyone could get along, shut up, and not talk to me.

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 8:05pm

How not to feel bored? You will get bored after endless repeating, no matter it's picking resources or fighting mosters...So you need motivation. You should know you will get in-game currency, the silver and gold from it. And you can reach your goal in the game with these money. With the motivation, you can persist...

Of course, you don't need to look at the game screen when picking resource. You can do everything you like meanwhile. You can listen to music, watch vedio/TV, browse the website, read book, or even go around to do housework, homework, exercises, etc, when you are picking some high level resource which needs long time.

I don't want to cover all the possibility here what you can do while pick resource, since that's meanlingless. I just want to give some tips how you can do it more efficiently. No matter what you do on the computer while picking resource, remember never to cover all the game screen. Leave the bottom left side of the game screen to be seeable at least. When you start picking, the game screen will become darker. When you succeed to pick, the brightness goes back and you'll get a system message. Since you can see the message area, you'll know it and start another pick immediately. But remember you won't get any message and the game screen keeps darker if you fail to pick. If it takes too long, then you must have failed. You'd better start again quickly.

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 10:47pm

Keeping ones self Amused

Five ways to keep yourself entertained while working on your proffession

1. First of all you can do these amazing forum events. They are awesome and can earn you special prizes as well. :sneakers:
2. Secondly, You can conversate with your fellow WarofDragon members either in main or allience chat.
3. Thirdly, I like to look at the mentor website "Info4wod" and the Crudos Dracos Sight and gain information about upcoming events, etc.
4. Fourthly, You can watch episodes on Netflix or Hulu while working on your proffession.
5. The fith one is a doosy. To help feel a little more productive plus increase your chances of acting in hollywood :wink: you can do 5 pushups every recource you successfully pick. :P