You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Terra Incognita" started this thread

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 1:17pm

Flying Manbearpig

I'm gonna keep it simple..

The "censorship" on curse words is preposterous.. I mean c'mon:
a) EVERYONE swears from time to time or says something "bad"
b) (if it's censored because of younger players) The kids these days know more curse words than they know actual words. If they are old enough to use their computers and even play games, then you bet they can curse to hell and back.

You don't have to remove the censorship per-se, but can you at least make an option for us to switch the bloody thing off? I want to see clearly when I tell someone to go fudge himself.
I know it's been here since the dawn of time, but... really?
"Mature language".. yeah right :lol:

P.S. If there is already such an option please tell, but don't laugh at me. :music:
Thanks.

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 1:31pm

I actually agree with this... It's something I asked for many years ago but again, I highly doubt it'll happen.
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 2:25pm

Haha... No.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 3:04pm

Overall if you check the agreement with my.com there is stated that you can only play the game being legal age. Most people cursing just make space anyway or other trick to swear. There is no real point in censoring it.

+1

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 3:28pm

I'm super cereal.

Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 3:30pm

We have topless mermaid and some weird rich girl constantly in lingerie (thats just on mag side), so I guess cursing shouldnt be so bad...

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 6:33pm

If it was said to you directly , would that be nice? I think, No! Who wants to be sworn ? Whether the players are younger or not that has to be applied for being provided the layout in the game. Foul language is not a good thing. So, to disappear that awful thing, it should be kept applying. As a normal player and As an individual , i don't want to see those words on the chat display! I am sure there are many players who share the same idea with me. Instead of being seen on the display, it is more senseful to cencore them. No one has " swearing" right to the others. If you wonder what was has said to you much , You can ask the player who swore at you . That's so simple ;) . Also , I don't think languages are categorised neither Mature nor Young. Consider you get sworn heavily uncencored, you get angry and you start swearing or doing something else such as attack , mirroring or etc. etc. etc. Finally, Please do not forget if that weren't applied the situations would become more complicated than now.
Terazinin eksilen kefesi.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 7:03pm

the worst possible answer given by someone who represent authorithy in game :lol: you think you're protecting anyone, really? I could say a lot of harsh things about this but I'll just direct you to my profile picture and say grow up!
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 7:11pm

I agree with Dzaak - that was the stupidest post a guard could give. If you wanted to swear to someone you still can - take a letter out - or just spell it propertly - fact game changes it to sunshine or oops still is clear that youre swearing - so fact that people can exe you etc - stupid - they will regardless when they see a bolded opps in italics lol

We actually had no censorship for a good year after one of the updates which was great. If i want to tell someone to f off - i should be able to write it propertly cause in my pinion whatever they did is deserved. So i dont care if someone says it in my face etc

FYI - ive played a lot of mmorpgs and this is the only game that fully censors everything, but has naked NPCs, sexual references etc

• "Terra Incognita" started this thread

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 8:56pm

I agree with Dzaack and Underworld.

Nothing more to be said, honestly.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 8:58pm

Guys, I typed that as a normal player. And you dzaack, how could you think I thought I protected someone? And Underworld , as you see I didn't say to you "you cant". We all have to respect our ideas. I didn't say to you when you stated your ideas. I state again I typed that as a normal player, not a guard. Instead of being seen prominently on chat display I would sooner it was seen by being cencored . that's all and that's my idea. Anywise while you are talking between you and your friend even if you type it so there won't be any problem. I think you meant that situation. I meant you that if it is between friends then no problem. But consider it is typed in general channel ( accidentaly or not) while you are talking with your friend. It will be seen there and most people will read it. In that case this wont be nice. Guys you are not wrong but I think you didn't understand me. Don't think I exaggerate . that's all
Terazinin eksilen kefesi.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 8:59pm

I do agree with the original idea of a "maturity switch" where you can chose between censor/non-censor, so those that don't want to get sworn can keep the chat PG (tho there's millions ways to bypass this censor, not that I would know as I've never tried :shuffle: ) and those who want to spicy the chat up can do so, there are lots of conversations where a curse word could be used (and is used in rl conversations) without meaning to offend anyone. Also, let's face it, current censorship is outdated and sometimes pretty ridiculous, there are censored words that won't even get a spanking from a nun being said by a kid, and words that could get you suspended from school if you said them to a teacher that aren't censored.

All things said, I do believe some sort of spice to chat could somewhat liven up the game for the people, as chat is pretty much the feature that keeps a lot of people in the game.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 9:10pm

Guys, I typed that as a normal player. And you dzaack, how could you think I thought I protected someone? And Underworld , as you see I didn't say to you "you cant". We all have to respect our ideas. I didn't say to you when you stated your ideas. I state again I typed that as a normal player, not a guard. Instead of being seen prominently on chat display I would sooner it was seen by being cencored . that's all and that's my idea. Anywise while you are talking between you and your friend even if you type it so there won't be any problem. I think you meant that situation. I meant you that if it is between friends then no problem. But consider it is typed in general channel ( accidentaly or not) while you are talking with your friend. It will be seen there and most people will read it. In that case this wont be nice. Guys you are not wrong but I think you didn't understand me. Don't think I exaggerate . that's all

If someone would write Shakespear's King Lear on clan chat that would be boring as hell and everyone would loose interest in it after the first few words however, if someone is using locker room languange in a conversation and he gets a reply on the same tone I'm pretty sure a lot of eyes will focus on that because it might get entertaining, it might get funny, it might get nasty... it's thrilling to see people for who they really are... if, as a player, you do not enjoy it and dissaprove of this behaviour, feel free to report and probably a gag will occur... but just because a certain amount of snowflakes want to feel protected from anything dangerous doesn't mean there isn't the other people who want pokemon factories on fire or massive rains in an already flooded area.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 10:05pm

Give us a toggleable profanity filter.

or even better... VOTE FOR IT

@Lisad please make it happen.

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 10:36pm

Personally I don't really care about the profanity filter being a thing in mainchat, mentors are gonna gag us if we offend anyone there anyways, but how about giving clan/alliance chat a option to turn it off so people can have mature conversations

in the end if i want to call someone a pigpooper i can still work around it and call him a pigpoooper, everyone who wants to bypass the profanity filter can do so if they are being creative enough, its just pretty silly to have to do.

Friday, November 17th 2017, 3:48am

+ i like the idea of profanity filter. i believe it would be a very popular feature.

Friday, November 17th 2017, 9:37am

As long as you don't censor my name. I had some chatrooms where SilentWater was banned because my name contained T-W-*-T

Friday, November 17th 2017, 9:43am

Also to be honest, I think I can apply worse mental damage with calling someone a "starving half-animal 20 IQ vegetable" rather than calling them a fu*kwit.

Profanities are in the vernacular in almost all English speaking countries nowadays, and applying censorship is a decision that would rather suit imbeciles and mind-numbingly stupid pseudo-reformists, instead of actual intelligent people.

Lisad [20] 

EX Community Manager

Friday, November 17th 2017, 11:36am

Rules regarding offensive language will not be changed.
Regards,
Lisad | Community Manager

Friday, November 17th 2017, 11:48am

We don't need to change rules, just turn off the filter :P
Still gag if you see offense etc. just allow it to be visible