You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:15pm

Here's a constructive feedback:

This whole thread should get deleted because it shows how much the administration cares about players, the only time it comes up is when a mentor breaks it.

Personally, I think it's being done because in the end people want to say "ah well, what can you do, since he didn't break rules we'll let him go and keep operating as both a mentor and a chronicler " while all the others who suffered from this rule either paid to get out (more than once) or just stayed in jail.

This rule, just like every other one, is good as it is. If you'd like to start making exceptions, it's best to start with this guy who did nothing wrong. Everyone deserves the equality of opportunity as well as the outcome no matter what their calling or their clan logo is. Nobody deserves the privilege of getting away with their crime and nobody deserves to have the privilege of a rule being deleted just because they are respected by or they have influence on people in the high places.

The game has to stay clean.

Also in the past there were a lot of people being executed just because they posted something in forums which a high level didn't like. The removal of the rule will bring it back and the free speech will be dead in seconds. Nobody will have the chance of expressing their opinion regardin a topic without being afraid of some high level coming after them if they don't have a high level protector looking after them.

So yes, in short, the rule has to stay. Then again why am I even trying, majority wants the rule gone. So best of luck to everybody. I hope what happened in DE happens here as well and the rule comes back in less than 24 hours.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:45pm

1. I don't give a rats ass why this came up, I'm glad it did.
2. I highly doubt that after a possible removal of this rule a slaughter will follow.
3. Despite what some people say here, the majority (up to now) voted for the rule to be kept.

What bothers me most about people who's vote went for keeping the rule is that their vote actually went for "in case s**t happens" and I can bring up a ton of stuff we should actually worry about in real life but nobody does anything about that. Another thing that troubles me is how we find exceptions for this rule, what about neutral areas or clan wars? Wouldn't it be more fair for eveyone to extend the rule in every possible area? why does a a lvl 10 fight be troubled by a higher lvl? why do we have clans with non mage players go head to head with clans that only have top tier players? If it's equity and fairness you're all after then let's make it so in every area not just a few location.
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:46pm

Whatever the outcome of this discussion, I believe that a warning notice should be scheduled when a player is going to violate the rules. This avoids errors and excessive administrative work resulting in clarifications and messages :teacher: :stupid:

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one . 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
(Robert_Oppenheimer‎).

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 4:52pm

this game is more of a patience game than a war game...
We need rules because some players are unfair.
We don't need to spoil low level game for example...

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 5:06pm

this game is more of a patience game than a war game...
We need rules because some players are unfair.
We don't need to spoil low level game for example...

this is a game of patience more than a war game ... you can buy your way into everything in this game so the "patience" part is relative

we need rules because some players are unfair ... true, but again, unfair players get punnished and thos who will pay the fine will be back and continue to play an unfair game so the solution we use doesn't make it a fairer game, it's only another way that administration found to make more money.

we don't need to spoil low level game for example ... I don't get this one... for a higher lvl to attack or spoil a lower lvls game he needs a reason and if the reason is good then no matter the lvl the action should be valid.. I don't think anyone would go for your head for no reason whatsoever... If you have in mind the opposing faction (like human raiding mag lands and attacking everyone they meet) then that's normality. That's why we are opposing factions.
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 6:37pm

I voted for remove

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 7:32pm

Remove it lol :)

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 7:49pm

It would have been nice to have the rule quoted in this thread, but anyway...I'd vote to keep the rule unless an option were opened to adopt a changed rule for "abusers". The real problem is the level 15+ players (my experience in this is only magmars doing it, sorry, maybe some humans do too) who raid the lands of the opposite race laying waste to every player they see because they know they can. Invariably these are extremely well equipped and blessed players who seem to just enjoy disrupting the entirety of the other race knowing few if any players that can face off with them are anywhere to be found. The rule simply became necessary to stop these 2-3 players who were doing this on a daily basis. Many cite "this is a war game." You're putting the focus on the wrong word - not war, but GAME - it's supposed to be fun. When at any point in your day someone you have no chance of beating just randomly walks in and slaughters you while you're resource gathering for no other purpose than to laugh over you, it's not fun, especially if they're breaking valuable equipment or leaving you injured and unable to play the game for a long time. Especially with low level players who are working hard to develop their characters - some of you bought your way to the top, but most of us understand the hard work involved in trying to make a decent character.

Find a way to stop the players who do this and I'd be fully in support of getting rid of the attack rule as unnecessary. Perhaps the admins/developers should consider putting stronger guards into areas past the places quests make you travel? For Gnome runes it's only necessary to travel 3 steps into foreign lands, perhaps it's time to progressively strengthen the mob guards past the entry points? Weaker guards at the docks and the two areas past that, then at the 4th step guards are level 15, 5th step level 20, and 6th and further steps something beyond that to stop even the strongest players in the game? Just a thought.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:07pm

I do have to add, though, having found the link to the current rule, that it's really overly complex and difficult to wrap one's head around. It has all the hallmarks of a rule that didn't really work as intended and instead of getting rid of it and looking for another solution, it was simply tweaked and twisted into a convoluted mess of confusion. I do want a solution to the problem of players that wreck the game with their actions, but I don't think this rule is it.

• "Sequana" started this thread

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:08pm

RE: Attack rule: Stay or remove?

For everyone who did not see it yet: there is a link to the rules at the beginning of this thread. For those who want to re-read them. And please read right to the end or you miss the changes being made :)

Do you want to have the rule completely removed or do you think is better to keep it? Feel free to add your arguments below. And also try not to turn this into any personal disputes with any other players. Stay on topic and constructive. Thank you!
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:21pm

No, Dzaack, the number of people who wants it to stay is not higher.
No, people don't vote stay "just in case".
Neutral areas are accesible for both races, they don't belong to anyone, therefore it makes sense to keep them out of this rule.
Regarding clans with "top tier" players and the other ones with low level players, what's the correlation? Before this rule, did stronger clans not stomp on the smaller ones? They did.
The equality I'm talking about is regarding how players are treated by the administration & the helping structures. Not how the players adapt to it. There is a difference.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:23pm

Ridiculous rule.Even the name of this game starts with "war" and you r prohibited attacking someone cuz of lvl difference?better try to support small lvl players get level faster by making valour events such as platue

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:51pm

I hope idea to hear opinions about it came into mind not just because one of social structure member got into troubles because of this rule, but because of real interest about opinions considering this subject.
:clap: :clap: I think you've got it right and if I'm not wrong it's because of this player

http://warofdragons.com/user_info.php?nick=VAMPXIII

A mentor, a mentor who is
supposed to apply for that position to help other players but does not
follow the rules can not be a mentor. You agree with the rules or you do not agree, you have to fulfill them and more if you have the position of mentor.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:57pm

for years the game has policed itself. yes there are exceptions, but for the most part if someone is getting attacks there are people that will stop it.
if we get this rule removed we just need to be smart. I will personally be patrolling a bit. will not stand for a bunch of repeat exes after rule lifted.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 9:05pm

Problems of the current rule: It is overly complicated and leaves too much room for interpretation.
That's a real issue ...
The storie of yesterday is exactely that, a zealous guard decided that now, the rules apply not only when people attack, but also for helping, and decided alone, that now, we can no more help a guy attacked ...

What's a game, where you have one of your clanie with red tool, attacked by a guy of your race, but because of lvl you can't help him and have to let him die? You can even not attack the attacker back?

Is that what you want for the game? Want you really make people leave such a game ? a game where when you help someone you can be jailed depending of the guard will?

They want protect "low lvl" (even if the rule apply to all) for being "massacred" ... but jail people who help them?
Are you fall on the head? :stupid:
It does not depend on the
will of a guard, you are wrong, if this post is because a mentor has
gone to jail for entering a combat in which he should not enter because
of the difference in level, and being a mentor he had to know. And that rule we all have very clear. The rules are for everyone and the guards are obliged to punish when the rules are not met.

• "Sequana" started this thread

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 9:52pm

Quoted from "I am Groot"
I hope idea to hear opinions about it came into mind not just because one of social structure member got into troubles because of this rule, but because of real interest about opinions considering this subject.
I think you've got it right and if I'm not wrong it's because of this player

http://warofdragons.com/user_info.php?nick=VAMPXIII

A mentor, a mentor who is
supposed to apply for that position to help other players but does not
follow the rules can not be a mentor. You agree with the rules or you do not agree, you have to fulfill them and more if you have the position of mentor.

This mentor did break a current rule and he got rightly jailed for it. No matter what the outcome of this poll will be, he will stay his 3 days in jail as any other player. And no matter the outcome, it will not change anything for him nor will he benefitted in any way.

But another thread about another "injustice" jailing from nasty guards finally made us do the poll. Yes, why after a mentor been jailed? He thought he did the right thing in helping an attacked player, which is wrong according to rules. You expect a mentor should know exactly what he is allowed or not, but it has shown, that it also can happen to volunteers, that they missunderstand parts of a rule. So what is the logical thing to do?

That's right, we do what you all always wanted: We ask the community and try to make it simpler. Was that a mistake as well?

The initial idea of this rule was to protect new players and low levels. But in my personal opinion over the month it also has evolved into an abuse from lower levels towards high levels. And I personally would wish this rule to be reworked to make it simpler and fairer for all. So we ask for your help. If you think it is done to protect a mentor who did wrong, I cannot help. Some always will think the worst and I cannot do anything against this.

We all are unhappy with the rule as it is right now. Now you have the choice to help us to make it better or you use it to fire against me for some reason you only know yourself.

And whilst we are at it, everyone knows about the great big love between OriginalSith and me. Therefore I do appreciate his first post in this thread with some real good and constructive feedback even though he found back to his true-self a bit later :drink:

I cannot make any promises of changes or anything, but we will try to find a better solution for all. :kiss2:
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 9:52pm

the player who wants to protect the disconnected player receives the response twice.no one can stop me.
I do not like closed messages. he can try the player option

VAMPXIII [12] 

Pilsbury Dough Boy

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 9:55pm

@Nurky

Thanks for your input, but might I counter with this

This is under punishments. - This is where we train from, so obvious place to look for things like rules. It only specifies "attacks" nothing about helping.

While this is under forum. - This is where the witch hunts begin and is a lot of random posting not exactly the wealth of information. Yes it is clarified here that I was in the wrong but forgive me for not thinking this is the place I would find something like this when it isn't stated in the punishments.

The fact these are in 2 different places is part of the problem with this rule apart from it being a flawed one as is. It is clear in one, and vague in the other. I have also been missing at points due to real life and admins and guards have enough to do than to keep track of what I read and where and when. Rest assured I am in the wrong no matter how convuluded the rule is with it's updates exceptions stipulations and many other hoops. I have not once asked for unjailing and offered to permaban me if the rule stays as is cause a game where people can't help their friends isn't much of a game.

I would like to thank you in advance for keeping on the topic and not make assumptions that everyone knows everything about all things.

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 9:55pm

+ REMOVE