You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:20pm

A Noobie’s Guide to the Crystalline Caves Battlefield.

Or, Crystalline Caves for Dummies

Well congratulations! You’re a new level 3 and want to get into those Battlefields you’ve heard about on the “Info Channel”. You’re eligible now so why not? As my Clan mates have told me several times (I finally listened too) it’s ALL in the preparations you make before you head underground.

By now you should have started on your primary profession and maybe your secondary too. That’s great, this is one of the ways you can make money.

But this is about being successful your first few times into the CC (Crystalline Caves).

Phase one

Step One

Open as many slots in your backpack as possible. You should have 10 –15 slots open to mine Crystals. If you have the Gold, go to the shop in Wolf Wasteland and buy 2 Wonderer’s Backpacks for 1G 20S each. This will give you total of 28 slots to use and you’ll need every one of them and wish you had more.

Step Two

Get the strongest Power and Health Potions you can buy. You WILL be attacked by ruthless Magmars while you’re mining and every little bit you can do to stay alive will help. You lose all the Crystals you collected when you die (not IF, but WHEN you die) so staying alive and getting those Crystals back to the Base Camp is important to your team. And as a Noobie that will be your mission.

Phase Two

Step One

So you have 10 or more empty slots and a few potions. Lets go.

You can click on the Battlefield Icon now. That’s the Bloody Sword at the top center of your game screen. The next window will tell you how to Apply for the battle.

Click on “Queue Up” and you’re in line. You can go about your Professional business while you wait even. Just return to the Battlefield screen and Refresh occasionally. It can take quite awhile to get in so be patient.

Step two

One of the things you can do while you wait is to go through the Portal in Baurville Hamlet and get your first Quest.

You want to click on that Tower you see in the background. The options on your right side will have Keeper of the Arsenal there. Click on that and chat with Shodu the Keeper. He will likely give a quest to mine 30 Green Crystals for your first time in. Just click continue to accept.

Step Three

When you get within 4 minutes of your time to go into the CC you will see a confirmation message in the chat window. You have to reconfirm before the timer runs out or you’re kicked out of the Queue and have to wait for the next cycle. Be close to your PC.

Phase Three

Step One

The Battle Begins. If you have reconfirmed, when the battle opens you will find yourself outside the CC entrance. Click on it and go in.

As soon as you go through the entrance, open your MAP or you WILL get lost. Click the Map Icon and then the Instance Icon and keep it open and in your background so you can consult it quickly to keep your bearings. Use your Map often, don’t wonder around aimlessly. You can check some things out while you wait for your transfer timers in between chambers.

Equip your Sword or whatever weapon you have. You do not need a pickaxe in the CC and of course you’re not gonna find any flowers either.

Step Two

COMMUNICATE with the other Warriors in there with you. Above the Inhabitants window you’ll find an Icon that says RAID CHANNEL. Click until its YELLOW and then every other Human can “hear” you. Its critical to know what’s happening and to let the others know what you’re doing.

For your first time or so just use the chat to let them know you’re mining and new. There will be others doing the same and several “Fighters” that will battle the Mags.

MINERS MINE and FIGHTERS FIGHT. If you get attacked, send out an SOS and say where you are. If you use the BLOCK function on your combat screen (and a health potion or two) you MIGHT hold out long enough for help to arrive. Remember, your mission is to get that load of Crystals back to the Base Camp and dump them off.

Back to the beginning.

You will start out in the Base Camp. After consulting your Map you need to navigate your way into the Northern Crossroads. From there (for the Green Crystal Quest) you need to select the passages that take you down the East side to the Cave of Green Crystals.

You will see some Dead-end Chambers with Alters in them. For your first time IGNORE THEM. The only one you need to be concerned with for now is The Alter in the Base Camp. This is where you fly to as fast as you can to resurrect after a Mag kills you.

Step Three

Mining Crystals. Go into Hunt Mode and start mining Crystals as fast as you can. The system will stop you when your backpack is full. When you have a full load, consult your map and get back to the Base Camp ASAP. Once there you only need to keep clicking on the proper color cart (or the menu option on the right side of your game screen) until the system tells you that you don’t have any more Crystals. AND RUN back to whatever cave you need and get more Crystals. Repeat the above until the Battlefield timer runs down.

When you get killed

Don’t be confused like I was. You can run without any timed transfers back to the Human Base Camp and step onto The Altar there and Resurrect. Then motor back to your Cave and resume Mining.

You can also SCOUT for your team while you’re “Dead”. Every chamber (or passage) you move into, check the Inhabitants screen for Magmars. Send a shout out to the team when you see one. If they gain control of your Crossroads or other junctions, nobody can dump their crystals till the Fighters clear them out.

The Altars of Power and Lightening.

You should just leave them alone for now. Wait until you get a feel for things, when you’ve been in there two or three times.

But just so you know.

The Altar of Power makes you stronger to resist attacks. HOWEVER, you will be excruciatingly slooooooow.

The Altar of Lightening conversely makes you really fast and your transfer times are cut in half. BUUUUT you will lose 5 HP every 5 seconds when you get attacked. And you WILL get attacked while mining.

Well, I hope this guide is helpful to those who have yet to join in the Battlefield fun and games. If I made any CRITICAL errors or omissions then somebody please just come along and smack me.