You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 8:10am

Arena - Why is this a draw?

Hello,

http://warofdragons.com/instance_stat.ph…182360&finish=1

if one side leaves the arena and the other scores at least a sphere, why is this a draw?

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 11:49pm

Good question, its been like this since the begining.. I often wonder what logic is used to determine that outcome as well. So here is my own opinion of why its done this way. IF players could simply leave a battlefield to forfiet the win, it would open up the possibility for easier rigging of instances. Since battlefield rigging is illegal and already difficult to stay on top of I would assume that its designed to throw a draw to discourage players from purposely forfieting and giving the other side very very easy wins. I hope that helps answer your question. If you feel you need more information you can always submit a ticket to support and admins can address your inquery :) Good Luck and Have fun Drackz

Sunday, July 21st 2013, 6:31am

Thx for your answer, That's a good point ;)

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 2:52pm

It is an unfixed bug actually. Allows you to end most of arenas you can't win in a draw.

1. Get a partner.
2. Both get beast quest.
3. When facing opponents you can't kill - undress down to 3 items, attack beast both and die before enemies are grabbing sphere.
4. Stay dead and watch enemies score 4:0.
5. Go get some coke, browse sites, etc. staying dead in the arena.
6. You get 4:0 draw, your chain of wins unaffected, guys who took 2 spheres will be mad, no arena leaving involved.

QoD your logic is broken. But you're merely a hewmin, so...

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 9:16pm

Fairy you are wrong about the chain of wins not being effectedIm sorry to say, and If you dont believe me Go ask Armagedeon who lost his chain of wins after I exited arena and left son of set and Arma with a draw. Also your forgetting that Staying dead and Not participating for a full length of battlefield is against the rules, players have been jailed with the leeching penalty in the past for trying this very thing you describe.. While your theory is plausable that this is merely a glitch that has never been fixed, some of your information is incorrect. As always thank you for sharing your input :)

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 8:05am

It seems that you yourself never actually experienced 4:0 draws, otherwise you'd have known that they do not affect the chain of wins. I am telling this from my experience in arena and in the temple of the chosen. Yes, you do get a draw, no, the chain is not broken.

Point is you left the arena back then thinking it does break the chain. But, it doesn't. People would exploit arena/ToC/CC exiting to break chains/feats of their enemies. That would mean exiting abusing is a mean of war and judging by your logic admins do everything to make players stay in battlefield.

In other words, you say one thing, believe the other, while both of those things are wrong.

And don't send me to talk to arma, or set, I had enough of exiters and we hired enough exiters to piss off hewming to know it does not break the chain. If you still don't believe, you better re-read the thread about your exiting, arma and set were both shocked you did not fight, not because they got broken chain (which they didn't). Your leaving was absolutely pointless. Live with it.

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 4:36am

Yes Fairy I have experianced this Many times in fact and yes it Broke my Chain and next time i entered arena I was back at 1st victory .. Maybe us filthy Hewmans are "glitched' then :P