You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 5:50pm

The WOD Christmas Cookie Caper

Hohoho!

The days are getting shorter, the nights darker and colder. This cries out for cookies and a good glass of punch! We are sort of good in the punch department, but most of us Admins are bloody cookie noobs.

We WOD Admins want to bake some nice Christmas cookies - but we have no recipes :( Post us your best best Christmas cookie recipes here in this thread and we will bake them! Oh yes, you read it right - you post, we trash Cross Knight's kitchen :D Of course we will take some pictures, too.

Here are the rules:

* you can post mutiple recipes, but we will maximally chose 1 recipe per person
* you can post until December 4th
* a picture of these cookies is not required, but would be helpful
* don't just google and post something random, we check that ;)
* the instructions need to be clear
* if possible - use grams and milliliters (again no must)

All participants receive 1 * 50 friendship badges for their effort to ruin our bloodsugar :D

The three winners receive each a red gift and a special surprise package that will most probably contain a variety of items that all players treasure (*cough EE* ;)
"There was once and admin called Sister
Who was so sweet how could I resist her
Then one night she invited me around
Tied to the bed I was gagged and bound
That's when I found out "she" was a Mister!"

Angelz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Forum Moderator" (Apr 24th 2015, 5:38pm)

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 7:08pm

I forgot to add: Cross Knight is really looking forward to this and totally excited :D And of course there are very nice items in the 3 winning packages besides EE :)

Angelz

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 7:13pm

Malibu Rm Chocolates Brown

1 Layer of Chocolates hollow body (brown)
800g brown chocolate
a bit white chocolate
100g cream
A bit Malibu Rum (I don't tell the exactly amout because I sell them)

- Take the cream and 400g chocolate and make it over the how water liquit.
- Put a bit more Malibu rum u like inside (it looses alcohol taste because at the end there is more chocolate.
- coolup the fill and if it is under 30°C u can fill the hollow bodys.
- wait until the next day, that it looses all air inside. (Important, that it don't get bad after a few days)
- temperate the chocolate up to around 35°C and cool it down, that it feels a bit cold.
- close the chocolates with the temperated chocolate.
- cover the chocolates with the liquit chocolate.
- ake the white chocolate liquit and put stripes on the chocolates

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 7:25pm

Malibu Rum Chocolates white

1 Layer of Chocolates hollow body (white)
600g white chocolate
100g cream
A bit Malibu Rum (I don't tell the exactly amout because I sell them)
250g shredded coconut

- Take the cream and 400g chocolate and make it over the how water liquit.
- Put a bit more Malibu rum u like inside (it looses alcohol taste because at the end there is more chocolate.
- coolup the fill and if it is under 30°C u can fill the hollow bodys.
- wait until the next day, that it looses all air inside. (Important, that it don't get bad after a few days)
- temperate the chocolate up to around 35°C and cool it down, that it feels a bit cold.
- close the chocolates with the temperated chocolate.
- dip your hands into the chocolate, role the chocolates in your hands and role them in the shredded coconut

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 7:30pm

Soft Chocolate Cranberry cookies:
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 regular surgar
1 egg
1-2 table spoons of Brandy
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cup of Chocolate chips ( i prefer white chocolate makes it look alittle more festive. and i like think white chocolate taste better)
1cup dried Cranberries

1) Preheat your oven to 375F or 190C
2) Grease cookie sheets
3) Now, take a large bowl and mix together the regular sugar brown sugar, and butter untill its smooth.
4) Then beat the egg in
5) Mix in the brandy
6) Mix the flour and baking soda together then slowly add to the sugars mixture.
7) Add the chocolate chips and cranberries, mix gently

I bake them roughly from 9-11 minutes to make sure they are still doughy but not to doughy. let stand for one minute before removing to further cool or eat.

Hope you enjoy they always go great with some Eggnog ;D :xmastree: :xmasparty:

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 8:42pm

Cookies called Christmas trees

Dear players) i would like to present you recipe of christmas cookies)) So

Ingredients for 6 cookies-

1) For bisqcuit you need
3 eggs, small quantity of sell, 75 g of sugar and 100 g of ground almond
25 g of flour
25 g of starch

2) For decoration you need
100 g of white chocolate and 100 g of pistachios

3) For sugar glaze you need
3 table spoons of sugar powder
1 tea spoons of lemon juice
sugar powder for snow

4) preparation
for preparation of this cookies you will need special paper for cooking.
On this paper you should write rounds diametre of which is 20 santimetres and cut out them. After you should cut them till the middle and make pyramide fromthem and put in cup or something like this with diametre smaller that diametre of this pyramides.

After you finished this step you need take squirrels in 1 cup and yolks in other. After you should To fluff up proteins with the pinch of salt to the steady foam, continue to fluff up adding sugar. Then to add yolks. To mix up the ground almond with a flour and starch. Neatly to mix in flour mixture in egg mass.A test to fill with a pastry sack and from him to fill paper paper bags. Stove in preliminary heated to 180°C to the oven about 15-20. To take out from an oven and leave to cool off. to crush pistachios. To kindle a white chocolate on water bath.
To release getting cold biscuits from a paper, neatly by a sharp knife, if necessary, exactly to cut founding.
Biscuits by a brush to coat a skim by a chocolate and обвалять in the shredded pistachios. Inflicting red points-marbles(any cooking) is possible through an ordinary medical syringe without a needle. To mix up castor sugar with a lemon-juice and this glaze a tea-spoon from above to pour trees. To strew from above all by castor sugar.
KuPiDoNcHiK has attached the following file:
  • hr6gWgg4e_k.jpg (113.27 kB - 54 times downloaded - latest: Oct 26th 2014, 11:50am)

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 9:07pm

easy quick peanut butter kisses

pkg of hersheys kisses that has been in freezer for 2 hours
pkg store bought peanut butter cookie mix

cut out peanut butter cookies as directed place 1 hersheys kiss in center bake eat yum

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 9:11pm

turtles

bag of pretzels
bag of pecans
bag of rollo candy

place pretzels on cookie sheet top with 1 rollo each heat 3 min 350 deg top with 1 pecan

enjoy

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 5:13am

Store bought Ouei Gooei Delight :xmastree:

:speak: Procedure:

1. Step back from the computer. :shock:
2. Get some going out cloths on.
3. :love: Get some going out closths on.
4. Leave the house, go back in get what you forgot.
5. :wall: Repeat procedure 4.
6. :sneakers: Go to store get them Ouei Gooei Delight from the pastry isle.
7. Make that special stop to make them baked Ouei Gooei Delight. :smile:

:gift: enjoy

Raza

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 1:30pm

Finally a contest I can WIN!! You will DIE for this GOOEY BUTTER CAKE!

1 box yellow cake mix (with the pudding in the mix)
4 large eggs
8oz pkg cream cheese
1 stick of butter
3.5 cups of powdered sugar
vanilla extract

9x12 Pan

Crisco to grease the pan

Pour cake mix into mixing bowl and add 2 eggs, 1 stick of butter (melt in the microwave), and 1/2tsp of vanilla extract and mix together with the mixer. Grease the pan with Crisco.. Spread the mixture evenly into the greased pan Melt the cream cheese in the microwave about 45 seconds and add it and 3/4 of the powdered sugar to the mixing bowl and 2 eggs. Mix together in mixer. Take the Gooey mixture and layer on top of the cake batter mixture in pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.. Let cool and add the sugar on top and enjoy!!

(photo stolen from the web)
Mirror_Universe has attached the following file:
  • gooey.jpg (46.13 kB - 24 times downloaded - latest: Oct 26th 2014, 11:50am)

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 2:00pm

Here is a special Christmas Recipe... it could be the recipe for a good time, but more like the recipe of disaster!

Preheat the oven to 350 action fails

First make giant snowballs, perferrable with snow drifts, but waffled papers will work just fine; pack
firmly. In a mixing bowl add:
2 cups powdered diamond dust.
1 cup lucious berries or beef beetles, whichever suits your taste
2 teaspoons of finely chopped crimson sterlet
2 golden hen eggs
1 stick of softened icicles
Mix thoroughly until you get a splinter.

Next poke a hole in the center of your snowballs and fill with the mixture.
Line the snowballs approx 2 inches apart on a ungreased baking sheet specially made by Soygura the Craftswoman. Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned. Drizzle the tops with fresh zigred honey while warm. Enjoy with a nice cold glass of shiz beer, Christmas milk, or your favorite nog. Enjoy!! LOL

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 2:03pm

Mini Orange Mince Pies

Original recipe makes 18 pies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
1/4 cup ice water
3/4 cup prepared mincemeat pie filling
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Sift together the flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to mix in the butter until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the orange zest. Sprinkle with ice water, and gather dough into a ball. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out approximately 18 (3 inch) diameter circles, and 18 (2 inch) circles, rerolling dough as needed.
Line muffin cups or tart tins using the 3 inch pastry circles. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 tablespoon of mincemeat filling. Top with 2 inch pastry circles, pinching circles together to seal the edges. Brush the top of each pie with egg.
Bake pies in preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly on wire racks. Dust with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar just before serving. :) :) and its done :P

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 2:23pm

No spam, and: cookies aka biscuits AND Christmas recipes (pralines are ok, too). It's not that difficult ;)

Angelz

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 5:33pm

Butter Biscuit ( Indian - eggless version)

1 Cup APF/ Maida
1/3 Cup Semolina
1/2 Cup Gram Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Cardamom Powder
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Melted Ghee/ Clarifying Butter

Method :
Preheat the oven for 15 minutes on 200 degree Celsius in baking mode.Sieve the maida, gram flour, semolina and baking powder together twice times.Mix powdered sugar and cardamom powder with flour.Add melted ghee and make smooth dough.Divide the dough into equal portions and give them round flatten shape.Place the each piece on greased baking tray.Place the baking tray in oven and bake it for 10 minutes at 180 degree cel.Remove the tray with carefully and keep aside to cool at room temp.Serve fresh Nan khatai with tea or coffee.The biscuit stays fresh for atleast a month

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 1:12am

cookies maybe not xmas but awesome ask my hubby

1c butter
1c white surgar
1c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
2tsp vanilla
1 jar (18 oz) peanutbutter
2c flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1c nuts

best peanutbutter cookies ever!

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 1:17am

Kahlua Gingerbread Cutouts

1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons Kahlua
2-1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream shortening, butter and sugars together. Beat in egg until fluffy. Stir in molasses and Kahlua. Sift together flour, soda, salt, and spices. Mix well into creamed mixture. Divide dough into fourths. Cover and chill 2 hours. On well-floured board, roll out each portion of dough to 3/8" thickness, keeping the other dough refrigerated until use. Cut with cookie cutters and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake about 8 minutes. Let cool one minute then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate with Kahlua Frosting.

Kahlua Frosting

1 pound powdered sugar
1/4 cup Kahlua
3 tablespoons shortening
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
food coloring

In a large bowl mix all ingredients, except for food coloring, until smooth. If you want to use different colors for your decorating, divide the frosting and tint each portion with food coloring, as desired. Decorate cookies using a pastry bag and decorators tips.

If you want a spreadable frosting, use an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of Kahlua in the recipe.

Servings: 24
--Infinity-- has attached the following file:
  • rec305.jpg (26.7 kB - 8 times downloaded - latest: Oct 26th 2014, 11:50am)

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 1:23am

Gingerbread cookies

1 cup Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp of ground Ginger
1 tsp of ground nutmeg
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
50g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg - beaten

sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a bowl, chop the butter into small pieces, and rub into dry mixture until resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the sugar and mix together. mix the beaten egg and add to the mixture, mixing together to form a dough. Roll out on a floured surface to about 3mm thick, then cut out what ever shapes you want. Put onto a tray lined with baking paper, decorate as much as you like although i like to keep mine simple with a good sprinkle of cinnamon sugar yum! cook for about 15 minutes(depending on size) at 190 degrees depending on size. allow to cool and enjoy :) :pie:
Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb! :sarcastic:

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 2:22am

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

Ingredients
Cookies:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon, zested

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon, zested

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cookies:
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In the large bowl combine the butter and the sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.

Glaze:
Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden for about 2 hours. Pack the cookies into a decorative container.

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 2:41am

"Snicky" Cookies

:woody:Ingredients for "Snicky" Cookies:

1 cup Margarine
1 cup Creamy peanut butter
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
60 miniature (bite-size) Snickers candy bars
1/2 a cup Chocolate chips

How to make it:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream margarine, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to peanut butter mixture.

2. Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and flatten into round shape in palm of yourhand. Place Snickers bar in center and fold round dough around it. Roll in palms of yourhand to form a smooth ball such that the snickers bar is totally covered with the dough.

3. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool.

4. In a double boiler over low heat, meat chocolate chips and spread on top of cookies. Dont be hasty, let it cool for a little while =))

And... they are Ready to eat!! Hope you guys enjoy it :gift: :xmastree:

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 5:16am

White Chocolate and cranberry cookie

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon brandy
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries