You are not logged in.

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 9:10am

The World’s Youngest Mother

As I'm studying medicine, I got idea of sharing all interesting cases with all of you. After all...knowledge is power, more you know - more valuable you are.
Also, these cases could be one of topics you could have during your Morning caffe. :drink:

Medical science has once again proved the unbelievable!
Lina Medina of Peru is the youngest girl in history to have ever given birth. She is the world’s youngest mother. At the time of delivery, she was five years, seven months and seventeen days old. Her parents initially believed that she had an abdominal tumor for which they took her to see a doctor. It was then revealed that she was seven months pregnant.
Naturally, the surgery was Caesarian since Medina’s pelvis was too small for a normal birth.

Doctors revealed the condition of Lina as precocious puberty, where her reproductive organs started to develop by the age of 2.5, when she reached menarche. By the time she was examined, her reproductive system had fully matured.

Medina gave birth to a baby boy who weighed 2.7 kilograms, he lived up to the age of forty, after which he died of a bone marrow disease. However, the bigger picture is that she’s 79 today and she still holds the record for being the world’s youngest mother in history. Medical science can really scare you sometimes!
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment...until it becomes a memory

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 11:10am

I think u've missed sharing the essential information, how does a five year old girl gets pregnant?
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 1:01pm

in her case if i recall perfectly well (its a while since i have read this one) it was her fathers... or brother

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 2:30pm

I think u've missed sharing the essential information, how does a five year old girl gets pregnant?

It's explained biologically, but it's unknown who did that, her father was charged, but due to lack of arguments, he's released. :S

in her case if i recall perfectly well (its a while since i have read this one) it was her fathers... or brother

Yes, it's even in our books now, we got that as sub-question during exam.

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 9:33pm

thanks for the info but stating that a 5years and some girl got pregnant 8o doesnt really makes ppl be thinking of the science but of the monster who did leave her pregnant lol..so well anyway

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 9:59pm

thanks for the info but stating that a 5years and some girl got pregnant 8o doesnt really makes ppl be thinking of the science but of the monster who did leave her pregnant lol..so well anyway

I agree, you're right.
I shall keep sharing interesting cases that are least scientific.
:D