You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 8:14am

How would you guide new players through the first four levels?

Weekly knowledge test: 15-08 - 22-08-2014

If you would have to welcome new players in Chernagg or Klesva, which would be your advice to them to start the game? How would you guide them through the first four levels?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • The winners will be displayed after the draw in the same poste.
  • Codes will be sent via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Aug 26th 2014, 2:15pm)

Friday, August 15th 2014, 9:58am

relax, do what you find fun to do, don't let others dictate your game (in other words, dont listen to either the hunting lunatics nor to the people with xp phobia)

- point out few main quests (opening gambit for instance)
- explain armor sets (pro-'s/cons)
- give info about battlefields and (slowly) about valor.

stress on the relaxing part (love the contradiction there?!), people often forget its a game and shouldn't become a thing to worry about.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 10:34am

Welcome to the World and congrats to your decision to play with us... (Us.. cause its more fun to play with other players to help each other and find new friends all over the world.)

I will tell them that its getting many ways to play the game. And its not only 1 right way. And it depends on patient and fun what the right way for everyone is. Thats ithe own decision what the player will do. And that i and many other gamers can help to find the right. but the decision the player take :) :woody:
Also its needed to knew that its an game where u dont knew all in a few days. everytime its getting new thinks and there are lots of helpful persons who willing for help. and lots of information in the internet u get information. For BF; looting, valour reputation... These informations need to be step bye step like quest and prices. Some about armour and Profession. These information he will get from me.

And also to tell that here are many languages. not only english. :D so everyone is able to find some guys who help in the own speach. :teacher:

Friday, August 15th 2014, 5:31pm

New Player !!!

If you have a question in your mind to help you in the game there are mentors.Already the game gives you many conveniences for you to understand.Tasks show you where to go.You just curiosity to discover new things and have fun staying.

Good Games :))

Friday, August 15th 2014, 10:42pm

Well, I'd add them as friend and tell them of to ask whatever they want. But I'd obviously start with telling them that it is a game, and a game is made to enjoy yourself. So play how you like it, PvE or PvP, this game exploits both aspects really well.
Oh, and I'd also tell them to ask before joining a great battle or pvp event, since people kind to be a bit edgy about it ;)

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 3:35am

First I would direct them here to the Forums...

http://warofdragons.com/forum/index.php?…&threadID=12723 For Mags

I would Point out the Events are fun and can give some helpful Items.

Let them Professions are a good thing to work on.. Low level is not a Big amout of money in them but They can help reduce the cost of things like Potions and Scrolls.

Let them know Relic seekers rep is Important for the Efril Replicator..

City rep quests are important to do. This helps with getting Mounts and Summons

Then even though I am not great on the Valor. I would advise them to work on Valor as much as they Can...
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 2:31pm

If I was a Mentor greeting the new players I would direct them link to the Game Rules , Chat Rules and explain them that I am there for them to answer any of their questions. I would explain them how the different chats works in the game - Main, Trade, Clan, Ally, Raid and Private, mostly about private so they can contact me any time they need me. Even, though, I will explain them how to add me in friend list in order to be able to private me any time they need me.
I will also explain them how to use Maps and Compass in order to reach the destination they need and by using Mentor's forum and sites I will answer them how to do their quest if I am questionned.
When I am asked from them "what to do in this game", I will explain the Paths of Valour and Hunter, and Reputations in a way I will make them desire be the Best in anything to choose they want to be, as I have already done for many of my clannies. I will also suggest they do some Events which beneffits quite alot low lvls and help them gain good game cash and items, such as Graveyard lights, Stockpile thieves and several more.
With a few words: I will not only Mentor then but make the game Entertaining for them :wink:

Oh, almost forgot! From time to time I'm doing that when there is no Mentor at Chernag :smile:
:angel: Choose me for your Consecrator :kiss2:

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 3:52pm

Personally, i would tell them to avoid the quests, as they give too much exp and far too little rewards. Whilst exp is not a "bad" thing, you might as well just do more of what you're doing (more CC/Arena if valour or more mobs to hunt if just playing around)

So i would set them along the lines of both, mob hunting to gain some gold and items. CC + arena to see if they enjoy it and if they decide that is what they want to do.

The main quest i would push them towards doing would be Experimental Armor, with this they can mob hunt more easily and gain less exp as well as be able to go into the CC (with blesses and good potions).
Once they'd finished the few days with that, they would need to sort out their own armor, so would suggest gizedors task.
Strange machine is basically free silver each day as they're easy to trade, or they can try their luck at making a biglo.
I'd also suggest for a decent amount of gold to do the City Charter quests.

For events, i would suggest
Graveyard lights and to get the pumpkin helm
To be fair i'm not entirely sure i would suggest many others at this low level.

Basically the main aim would be to ensure they tried the Valour part of the game out and to ensure they got full green equipment as this allows them to move on the game as they wish. In full grey/mostly grey they would have serious problems trying to hunt mobs and be completely useless in PVP events.
I would WANT them to level up, so they could at least get to talaars and try it, but they'd need at least full greens to be able to do much.

The other point is that they will need to know what the prices of things are, for i received a message from someone asking to buy something at ~4 gold cheaper than it's value (exe axe). So would let them know the rough idea of prices on everything and suggest an auction price.

The point is, is that they will be able to get a very usable account which is able to at least fight in CC's and GB's without being completely useless as well as able to do instances such as DH and hopefully progress fast enough that they can begin talaars within six months or so.
once they've TRIED everything, they can then consider making a new account and doing exactly what they want with it, such as pure valour.

I feel what the game is missing, is the ability to do the quests AND gain a decent amount of gold whilst doing them, so that if you completed all the quests at level 3, you'd have enough gold to purchase a full green set of twilight/exe (mammoth is a bit cheaper), which is roughly ~10g weapons, 4g cuisses/cuirass, 3.5g boots, small sparkling crystal for vest (gizedor), so we're looking at 22 gold or so. As i would love to suggest them to play around with the quests, as i feel it's an area which could very much be improved. If you would like my opinion on new rewards for these, let me know. Could also make a few suggestions on some of the events.
Whist this makes the game "easier" it also boosts your character up levels very quickly, so that if they wanted to do valour, they would need to rethink how to do it, and paypal still being the easiest option.

Tuesday, August 19th 2014, 9:06am

Hello little one, welcome to faeo

Lv 1 the game will give you quests to complete, this linear road will take you all the way to lv 2. If you do not want to follow the game quests and do you own thing, that's also great...Go explorer faeo, and make sure to go to enemy lands to get all achievements there. On lv 1 your transfer time between locations are very little and you can easily explorer everywhere in very little time.

The Game has 3 classes of armor sets and defines how you will play the rest of the game. you can have more than one set depending on how much gold you have. Make sure to learn how these classes work, there is some great mentor site links I can share with you so you can study a bit.

Profession, hunting and pvp is what this game is all about. find something you like and enjoy it. You can play this game in anyway you like.

Main thing is, please take the time and make friends and enjoy yourself. This is a game and should always be played like one

from your war of dragons team

have a Great day

:king:
what is the definition of insanity? :glance:

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 5:21pm

I would let them know that there are several different ways to play the game. You can do the quests. This will get used to the first level. After that you will need to do additional things for experience in addition to the quests to gain levels. You could be a strict hunter just fighting monsters. You could also go for valor and focus on killing the enemy race and the battlefields once you get to level 3.

Some of the things to consider doing including exploring the other race land's to get those achievements. This is especially good in the first few days when you have a speed portion blessing.

I would also let him know that there are 3 different types of armor and three different professions and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Most importantly I would tell him to have fun and to play the game the way that they want to. Don't let others to you have to go for valor or just for hunting. This is a game and is meant to be an enjoyable time.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 11:58pm

Firstly I would tell them the game and chat rules for not getting punishment. After being sure they knowed game rules I would ask them that: "Will you pay for the game for good equipments or you wont" If they choose paypaling I would learn them the valour quests and their requirements. For example I would tell them to gain some scalps at 1-2 for joining underground knights. After that I would explain them the armour sets and their strategies. If he wont be a paypaller I would learn them the professions and how to earn money from it. This is all. Anyway they will learn somethings by experience and find their own style. Also as a last thing dont forget that this is a game :)

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:51am

This is actually a letter i sent to a level 3.
I found him running around my CC with 1 green item and 4 leather (and not even lvl 3 leather) so decided he needed some help to move in the right direction as he was talkative and smart enough. I would have done this had this not been here, as some things need to be done, and i indeed was "a bit mean".

I have omitted a few bits with XXX for privacy only.

Hi XXXX

Just writing to inform you on how to make some golds as you seem to not be sure how to make them ;)
Sorry i was a bit mean in the CC and hope this makes up for it.

Firstly, i know you won't at this stage, but i would recommend starting new under a referral such as XXXX [no i did not suggest myself] and then spend level 1 + 2 looting the other side, as you can gain easily 10 gold if not more at level 2. XXXX will be there to offer a lot of guidance on this. I would recommend mine but you might find me annoying :P
If you are interested in this route, please reply by going to city square and to the post office and replying. Or waiting till i'm online and speaking to me then.

As a level 3, you should be completing the city charter quests. One of these can be found from "commander norias" in smoky knolls, who gets you to kill some kretches, accept quest then go to settlement of chernag and click the holes in the location screen, you will fight 1-3 kretches at a time and need to kill 3 sets of them. Go back to Norias after clicking the holes 3 times and killing 3 sets to collect reward. He will give you charters and some exp potion (do not use the exp potions, if you want exp, go kill some mobs and gain money at the same time!)
The other city charter quest (there is only 2 at level 3) is from Ruler Onufir in fort Dybrach, he will ask you to kill a female fire spider. Do so in the hunt screen and be prepared, as immediately after you kill the female fire spider you "may" be attacked by 2x level 1 spiders, kill these, and then you "will" be attacked by the hunter spider which has 300 hp and does some good damage, so ensure your potions are set to refill and be prepared to use them all.
Both of these quests can be redone every 24 hours, when you collect 150 of these charters (so 6 days of completing both quests) head to County Vurdaliya and go into the ship: "The Gurraldiy's Head Pub" and speak to Poker about "Wheel of Fortune", you should come to a roulette which will stop at a random location, hopefully you will get a large amount of "token of fortune" if you're unlucky you get some shiz beer which isn't bad either as they're basically a very strong elixir of giant which would cost you 15 silver to buy, but you cant sell it :(.
Let us suggest you manage to get at least 225 tokens of fortune (if you do not, keep doing city charter quests and doing wheel of fortune till you do!), and speak to poker again about tokens of fortune, and say you want to exchange tokens for non professional resource, and select the evil eye. This is almost certainly the best deal, as the other items can be purchased for less, so makes sense to get the evil eye, sell it, and buy what you need. An evil eye is worth around 1.5 gold. To sell it easily, go to city square, then to the auction then onto the exchange, you should see lots of offers, accept the highest bid if it's above 1.3 gold, or wait till it goes higher, it should be a minimum of 1.4 gold though and it's traded, nice and simple! :)

In fact before that you should go to your compass, select "characters" from drop down box, and search for "avelius" select him (or u can simply type "thorn apple brushwood" under location as that's where he is) and collect the strange machine part. I would recommend you sell it (you should be able to sell it for 15 silver, use the TRADE chat in the city centre saying "offer biglo part, need 15 silver") and there you are, 15 silver for just walking to see him, best part is, you can do this every 24 hours!

Don't forget to use your wand. It is best to use it around the same time every day, this ensures you get the maximum bonus out of it (if you leave 36 hours between use, which is easily done if you use it at 00:01 then arn't online till 12:20 the next day).

That should keep you busy, if you find any leather bracers/boots/pauldrons or linen shirts (must be level 3 or 4), hold them for the time being and i'll tell you how to get the best profit out of them (selling to exchange is probably the second best option). Leather vest and leather cuisses are worthless and can be sold to vendor for 10 copper.

I hope this gives you an idea on how to make some golds, if you repeat this for a month (yes it sounds like a long time, but it also means you get lots of potions from your wand) you should be able to afford at least 2 more green items, more if you're lucky, so at least 8gold and could be as much as 15gold.
This means you can really give the humans some hate in the CC :)
All the best,
Waft.