You are not logged in.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 7:27am

How does group search function work?

Weekly knowledge test: 04/12- 11/12/2014

How does group search function work? Why and when is it useful hunting in groups? If you are grouped but hunt mobs on your own and do not drop anything but some silver from the mob, can this be related to the group and why?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • The winners will be displayed after the draw in the same poste.
  • Codes will be sent via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Dec 19th 2014, 8:21am)

Monday, December 8th 2014, 5:44pm

How does it work?
First, you must enter your goal, so what quest, monster, battlefield or event you want to do with a group. Then, you click search. You will see everyone that made the same group request. You now only have to private them and get a group together and have fun at finishing that task!
Hunting in group make it possible to take down bigger foes and instances monsters that would be very hard alone.
If you're grouped alone and dont drop anything but money, there are two possibilities! Either you're very unlucky, or, that the loot distribution is set to leader distributes. If if it is the lather, the drops will be in the group bags, so you just have to get them from there.

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 12:17pm

:teacher: MB Guide to groups :teacher:

Let’s start with Group Search – as far as I know this is not working at all. Not thx to bugs but thx to lack of interest. Most ppl prefer to go with group he knows on time when all agree. But group search put u into totally random character that you don’t know and can be leacher or someone, who jeopardize your efforts. That’s why I never ever saw any1 who really use it and that is reason why I believe that this function is useless and flood in chat or forum work better.

Hunting in groups is interesting in many ways. It lower costs for one to defeat little stronger enemy, also in case of killing lot stronger mob it makes defeating it possible. It also makes silver from mobs redistributed fairly and in case of items randomly or in group backpack accordingly to group settings. Little warning, items from group backpack can disappear after time and disbanding group give whole loot to group leader. Quest items are always putted into player backpack, never in group backpack. So don’t worry about comrades stealing your evil eyes and similar staff. And last exception will be items from boss, which is dropped into group backpack but after giving it to player, it will become nontransferable. Everyone knows this work with chess from DH and other instances.

Another issue can be while hunting grouped with someone on next level. Best example will be, if I (lvl10 )will get into group with some lvl 11 and start hunting Grim Gargoyles (lvl 9) I will get rubbish because it will consider me as lvl 11 too (didn’t happened to me long time, maybe it not work like that but I’m not going to test it :))))

Being in group alone, as far as I know, doesn’t reduce chance of drops. Only difference is that some items can be left in group backpack if player set “Leader distributes” or if is set “Random” distribution while player have full backpack.

Being alone in group is good for keeping inventory clean and also helps get loot (mostly to naked hunters). Because in case of same dmg (0 in naked hunters fights) is loot distributed randomly but if is only one of them in group, that person gets loot. If both in group, it’s random again.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 8:40pm

I rarely saw an advert for group search, when I was low lvl maybe in soanish server I put one, but never had an answer. To use it you need to find at the top the section of group seach, and then write your aply. You can see applies that are currently on, and yours too... but as I said, if anyone enters there now, there are 0.

Hunting in groups it's useful for superbeings, when you are little, and as you are growing up, superbeings are hard to do alone (the one's for your lvl), and, as resources it's given for equal to all people from the group... it's much easier to find people than to waste summons doing them alone. For example spider, cerberus, emperor, etc
For another thing that it's useful it's for hunting harder mobs, for quest for example when you need. Better to do them with a group, the only thing you have to know it's that the silver and drops are for the whole group, so better if you tell the group first how are you going to share them.

A person that isn't in your fight, no matter if it's in your group, can get a part of your silver drop. Items can go to the group bag if you put leadership, and you can give them to someone that it's in your group but wasn't in your fight... but isn't the same case for silver, that's only for the ones that really kills the mobs.

See you! :sneakers:
Magmar Consecrator

:love1: Italian :love: Spanish :love: English :love1:

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 9:31pm

First of all, to find a group using group fuction, you need to go the options at the top and look for the armour, there you can chose different options. If you chose the eye (group search) you will go to the main page for searching a group.
There you will have different options, first one it's for telling the reason for wich one you need a group: instances, quest, monsters, battelfields, or events. Then, of the second option, you can choose the exact theme, you have different names of the quest or battelfields for example, and you need to chose the right one. And, finally, on the last option, you can put a name or a description about what you need. Then you can put add request and you only need to wait for replies.

You can see also for request from other players at the bottom, but nowadays nobody uses that fuction so it's probably you never see any request.

Hunting in groups it's useful at my lvl for example for doing pet essences, you get much more with more mobs in fight, if you hunt in group much mobs appears, so more probabilities to get evil eyes too, if you do rage for example. To get the silver of the fight it's always needed to join the fight and hit if almost 1 on the group hits. If you join but you don't hit, only the ones that hit gets the silver. If anyone hits, it's only needed to join the fight. :knight:

:beer: