You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 26th 2014, 9:34am

Never Puzzle Puzzle Till Puzzle Puzzles You

If you're reading this thread hoping to see a compilation of bad fortune cookie quotes, I'm sorry to say this thread is not for you. ("... In bed!" "... That's what s/he said!" Yeah, yeah, I know.) Nope, this thread is for those of us, present company included, who've rubbed our eyes, tilted our head, maybe even as far as a full headstand (namaste to you too), sang and/or typed hymn of profanities and expletives whenever we encounter the dreaded bot-cop aka THE PUZZLE.

I also hope this thread won't be used as an outlet of disdain, or even improvement ideas, directed to the game developers. There exist other threads for those. I like some of the improvement ideas that I read. But, let's face it, any kind of improvement/change will take time. In the meantime, let's help each other reduce the frequency of fatigue as the result of momentary brainfart while trying solve a puzzle.

Some of the puzzles make perfect sense and as EZ as the town's slut (I'm including manwhore here, ladies. So, put your torches and pitchforks down). However, what's easy for some, may not be for others, especially the first timers, or those "puzzly challenged " folks (Yes, I insist puzzly is a legit word that I've just invented seconds ago, coming soon to dictionaries near you!).

One of the ideas that I like (and hope will be implemented) is having a reference picture alongside the puzzle. I think that's going to help tremendously. But, until then, I'll settle for the next best thing, which is what this thread is for.

Since I haven't rotated as a fisherman again in the post update era, I'm only posting a few solved puzzles for the herbologist and geologist. I also figured there are many iterations of existing puzzles that the community can help post to fill our collective image blanks. It'll be faster if we all contribute.

(If you're a geo playing on a tablet or lighweight easyflip laptop, good for you. Otherwise, go ahead and reschedule your chiropractor visit earlier in 2015.)

No head tilting required for herbologists:

This last picture is a mess. I mean just what is this supposed to be? :cursing: Aerial shot of a bunch of random leaves, flowers and insects on the ground? Compared to the other herbologist puzzles, this one left me ... stumped, pun intended. There's another similarly nonsensical puzzle for geologist that I've yet to come across again. Probably in the same spirit of randomness of scattered rocks littering the ground :thumbdown: .

Please and do add not yet posted puzzles here, I'd appreciate it :drink: .

Friday, December 26th 2014, 2:07pm

wow :D well done

Friday, December 26th 2014, 2:48pm

+ to favourites,

Magmar Consecrator

:love1: Italian :love: Spanish :love: English :love1:

Friday, December 26th 2014, 3:02pm

Thanks :beer: was taking forever to figure out that floral arrangement lol

Friday, December 26th 2014, 3:15pm

+1 Great Job

Friday, December 26th 2014, 7:22pm

Is great job, very thankyou ^^

Friday, December 26th 2014, 7:26pm

glad i am not herbo or geo fish puzzle so easy :dance:

for those above pictures am sure i couldnt figure them out in 80 secs

so thanks for enlightment if i besided to switch profession

Saturday, December 27th 2014, 4:25am

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Saturday, December 27th 2014, 8:21am

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Thanks to Sheal for the addition:beer: .

Here's another herbo puzlle that makes the last puzzle in my first post more sense: The THIN branch is clearly more visible here:

Let's keep the puzzle screenshots coming, thanks! :thumbup: .

Saturday, December 27th 2014, 8:28am

Awesome +1
The Early Bird, Takes The Worm.

Saturday, December 27th 2014, 8:30am

For herbo.Different centerpiece:

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 4:30pm

Thank you for these although I got one yesterday after picking 1 snowdrift...that's right, my first drift as I don't mine or pick anything but thought I'd try one on my way for a biglo part. The puzzle that confronted me was an impossible arrangement of leaves that I wouldn't have figured out in 90 minutes let alone seconds.

As mentioned, a little picture next to the puzzle would help like you actually get in newspapers or quiz books that have this type of usually 'simpler' puzzle.

I'll try to remember this page but as I said, I don't pick anything or play the game much to be honest as it's getting worse, not better. :(
:smoke:

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 5:17pm

Got this power drain 2nd time. :D

Is quite sad, thinking that I need to test my IQ level sooon.

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 6:22pm

A few fisherman's pics(I agree that they seem to be the easiest, so far anyway) :

Monday, December 29th 2014, 2:26pm

[img]https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10897108_774312162663047_717076650037703072_n.jpg?oh=257db24524e34d82db77467cd06ac383&oe=5547A80B[/img]
:angel: Choose me for your Consecrator :kiss2:

Monday, December 29th 2014, 4:01pm

14:43 Вы не прошли испытания мастерства. Как результат, ваши шансы успешного сбора ресурсов на некоторое время понижены. Получено: Fatigue 1 pcs.

Tell me what's wrong with this one because I don't see :D

Wednesday, December 31st 2014, 1:47pm

Wednesday, December 31st 2014, 2:10pm

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 6:09pm

Help on this one

This is one I couldn't figure out...;-(
__Azeria__ has attached the following file:
  • 0009.jpg (89.06 kB - 269 times downloaded - latest: Mar 6th 2024, 11:38pm)
My, oh my, oh my, How nice you're looking today:beeee:

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 6:39pm

This is one I couldn't figure out...;-(
The Solution:

Look up at my post above (#9) to see the what the centerpiece looks like. The puzzles using this centerpiece mess people up because the thin branch is often obscured when viewed horizontally (see the last pic of my #1 post) :thumbdown: .