You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 13th 2015, 9:44am

Becoming mage: What are the first important steps?

Weekly knowledge test:13/02- 19/02/2015

Becoming mage: What are the first important steps?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • The winners will be displayed after the draw in the same poste.
  • Codes will be sent via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Feb 27th 2015, 10:34am)

Friday, February 13th 2015, 11:37am

My own ranking of steps:
1. try to avoid becoming mage at all
2. if 1. doesn't work, stay at each level as long as possible, get maximum valour rank, badges
3. find yourself a reliable mage mentor that tells you what to do as no walkthrough or guide will be enough
4. make your own mage goals independent of opinions of others. BUT: check your goal after you decided to go for it on how to make no blunder on the way and ask about consequences/side effects

Comment: As this is a unique-char and no re-roll and i never had a mage char myself i can't write a guide ofc. So above steps are a guide to noob mages like me :)

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 12:09am

No idea, but I'd say, get the mage gear for level 11, for green, with the quest the mage give you, or just buy from arsenal if you have valour (blue). You mus also learn to do magic from the mage of the school of magic you can get. Then, buy the books to learn spells. Last step, kick ass!

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 1:50am

When you become a mage you have to know that you have new statistics, like winsdow and inteligence.
You'll also have a new bar, your mana. You can increase your mana with the inteligence, and when you have more winsdow you can do better hits with mage.
There are quests that gives to you the new parts of armor (cuisses and cuirass) for lvls 11. If you have valor, you can directly buy blue ones from arsenal.
Now you have to know that the monsters and instances for mages are more difficult, because all these new monsters also got magic, and you have to study them to kill them easily.

I recomend you get champion rank before be a mage, because you can buy better spells in the arsenal if you're a champion (if not, in the square of fire, in tower of war mages). After you joined to one school, you can learn different spells, which you'll use later.

There are 2 types of magic, one is like a 'hit', and another like a 'poison'. The poisons does less damage and use more mana, but it's very good when you're like 8vs1, sometimes you kill him and you get scalp^^

As new monsters and instances, now you got new reputations, new curses (destructors) and many things, so you must pay attention on that. Also in fights, you should be checking all the times your mana, because if you don't have more mana, you have to hit with your weapons. In the tower of war mages, you can buy elixires and scrolls that restores you mana in fight, it's exactly the same as life points, not much myterium there :)

Then as I said, you have to be studing the different objetives that you go for, but in really, it is not very difficult, only be a concentrated in your objetives.

Also, you'll notice that you hit very hard now^^ You fell god :P
I'm cute :D

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 1:05pm

Becoming mage

I can say just like the others. Get mage equipment to increase ur wisdom and intelect , which is good for your school style. Than Study spells, place them in the Spell cirlce, but u can't more than 10. And get a defensive aura, which can absorve some damage.

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 12:53am

Mage

Before becoming a mage do research on which type you want to be.
Be sure to have as much reputation as possible.
Talk to other characters that have already become mages and get advice from them.

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 12:53am

Part 2

After becoming a mage quit this game. As you have wasted enough of your life in front of a computar.