You are not logged in.

Friday, November 5th 2010, 5:54am

More wedding ideas

Further to my earlier post, perhaps the following ideas might also prove popular (although I'm not sure whether they could be included in the game).

1) Sell some wedding confetti from the gift shop

2) On completion of the Marriage ceremony, bride and groom both get a small increase in the rep of whichever of the new god/godesses they follow.

3) Allow the happy couple to "entertain" their guests, by providing food and drink for them. For example, once the couple have proved their intention to commit (by showing the guards/consecrator evidence of the purchase of the rings), additional items could then become "available" for the couple to buy.

These could include a wedding cake, pieces of which when eaten by the guests have a minor blessing. My suggestion would be that it allows + 5 % damage to your blows for one hour.
Other food and drink items could also be provided. Again possible ideas could be that they work something like the sweet honey fruit in the game. For a short period, some character stats could go up by 5%, and some get reduced by 5% depending on the whether they are very filling (food) or intoxicating (drinks). This should proove fairly easy to introduce into the game (remember the Shiz beer quest? ):drink:

And a final idea, just for fun. Would it be possible for the couple to buy a wedding boquet, which when thrown ("used") would randomly select one member of the congregation present, and give them some sort of approrpriate blessing. (7 years bad luck ? lol )

One minor problem with this..... If the ideas proove too popular it may be necessary to recruit more consecreators. :smile:

Chelle xx

Friday, November 5th 2010, 9:48am

i so hope i get lots of invites to weddings if some of your ideas happen :smile: