You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lososerg [17] 

Community Manager

• "lososerg" started this thread

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 10:45am

Lottery tickets 8th anniversary

Good morning.

I've received several questions about lottery tickets and want to give some sort of clarification about how the lottery will work.

My advice is to buy them as often as possible. Because when the time of lottery comes your tickets will have numbers on them based on the purchase date. The earlier the date is the smaller the number. So ideally you'd want to evenly distribute your lottery ticket numbers in order to have a greater chance of winning.

If you purchase tickets at the last moment your numbers would be, say, 2000, 2001, 2002 etc. Whereas when you buy them during the course of the event, you'd have 10. 135, 265, 356 etc.

All numbers, big or small have same probability of winning. But when you have both small and big numbers (ideally numbers that are somewhere in the middle too) you increase your chances of winning.

Good luck!

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 10:55am

i hope i can win some mount lol

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 10:55am

Why are the chances increased with widely distributed tickets numbers, aren't the winning numbers drawn randomly?

That should mean the combination 2000, 2001 and 2002 should have the exact same chance of winning as the combination 10, 135 and 265.

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 10:58am

ideally is to have winning number, but hence there's only one such number we elaborate you idea which seems to be wrong to me... having the lottery tickets numbers 2000,2001 and 2002 shouldn't logically be anymore differentthat haveing numbers 1, 111 and 1111... if all the numbers have equal chances to get extracted from the bowl at the end then no numbers is any more different than others
Evolution cannot avoid bringing intelligent life ultimately to an awareness of one thing above all else and that one thing is futility.

lososerg [17] 

Community Manager

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 11:24am

You are right. Numbers will be drawn randomly. Naturally, the more tickets you have the higher your chances of winning are (Google: Addition Rules for Probability). Above is my subjective advice from psychological perception perspective. I.e. don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 11:44am

Hmmmmm, I have to say a little contradictary if all numbers have the same statistical probability of winning then how does having both small and large numbers increase your chance of winning.

It's like saying you have more chance of winning lotto with numbers like 1, 8, 24, 28, 35, 40 than with 1,2,3,4,5,6. Both have the same statistical probability, it is just our emotion that tell us the first one has more chance.

So I guess for clarification you need to choose one or the other.

Cheers

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 11:45am

Ah I took way too long to write this while playing, asked and answered lol

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 11:53am

Ah I took way too long to write this while playing, asked and answered lol
Little bit :lol:

But all eggs in one basket doesn't apply either, that's more about going for all or nothing, which isn't the case here. If there were different tickets for different lotteries it would apply, as putting all eggs in one basket then would be to only buy tickets of one type to have a great chance of winning one lottery instead of 2 small chances for each lottery.
Here it's only one basket (the one lottery) where everyone will put all their eggs for equal chance of winning no matter what their ticket tactic is.

lososerg [17] 

Community Manager

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 12:14pm

Okay, subjective things aside, statistics only: buy as many tickets as you can :D

Just know that numbers are assigned to tickets according to their purchase dates. So that it doesn't surprise anybody.

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 12:22pm

" Addition Rules for Probability" are applied for calculation which some factors are knows,here we lack of "X" and "Y"and "A", we dont know how many tikets players will buy as we don't know in the very time begin when we buy it which number is our ticket, how many tickets players already got and how many tikets, generally, players will buy

12:04 Removed Legendary Eight-Year Token 100 pcs
12:04 You have bought the following items from the shop: Eighth Anniversary Lottery Ticket 1 pcs. Thank you for your custom!

The ticket has not a serie number on it, so again, to say don't buy at first or at end of the event as any sense at all as far as concen all of us, we dont know how many previous ticket players already have taken, as we don't know how many ticket others players will buy. You may wanna say, according to your own belief which has any math in it
" Guys don't buy 10 ticktes in a row because I doubt the drawn will be a 10 tickets in a row"
yet the psicological conception as you said won't work with math, all the factorX we know so far is the draw will be related to each day of the event, still, we win, or we lose.

lososerg [17] 

Community Manager

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 12:26pm

>very time begin when we buy it which number is our ticket

You'll know your tickets numbers when lottery starts. By reading this topic you now know how they will have originated: those who purchased tickets at the last moment will have greater ticket numbers. That's it.

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 2:20pm

Where do we buy those tickets from?

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 2:30pm

Tickets can be bought in Curiosities Shop at city fair.

Will we ever get something for buying the tickets and not winning in the end? Something small at least :D I know I will be spending everything on those tickets, but if I don't win then it would be great to receive something in return no matter how many tickets will I have bought.. Just for... participation.

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:38pm

And how will the tickets be drawn?

Will you all at the office pull numbers out of a box or is it some computer program which will "randomly" select numbers?
If you don't like something I post in forums, go to this website: www.magrareallydoesn't care.troll and fill out a frankie got his feelings hurt report :bllll:

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:48pm

Most likely using a simple probability program that you can do with a calculator on the computer or excel. In terms of statistics, it would be that all the #s will be in a pool, and a randomized number will be picked from the pool. As long as there is no "tinkering" formula added in, all chances are equal. Heck if you have more than 1 ticket and you are lucky enough you can win two prizes.

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:50pm

I should rather ask this: Will the ticket that won the prize be thrown back into the ticket pool and be repicked again possibly or will it be removed? Also, can the winner win again?

Saturday, December 2nd 2017, 9:06pm

3 34 11 20
22 41 33 12
5 13 34 45
4 23 3718

Saturday, December 2nd 2017, 9:06pm

3 34 11 20
22 41 33 12
5 13 34 45
4 23 3718

Sunday, December 1st 2019, 11:00am

12 15 22 31