You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 30th 2017, 9:53am

Abandoned Battlefields

Weekly knowledge test: 30/06/17-27/07/2017

Players complain about empty battlefields and lack of PvP: Where do you think are the reason for the abandoning? What would you do to revive battlefields and make it more attractive without using double valour, red armour or non-break or demanding from admins to give more freebies or do further changes? How would you convince players to go and what can players do to make PvP interesting and exciting again for all?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Nov 10th 2017, 2:44pm)

Friday, June 30th 2017, 1:08pm

They changed the shedule of equal, well done, more equal, better hours ... BUT
arena of equal
Every Tuesday, from 20:00 to 21:00.
Every Thursday, from 20:00 to 21:00. .well:

temple of equal
Every Friday, from 19:00 to 21:00. .well:
cc of equal
Every Tuesday, from 12:00 to 12:10. Every Thursday, from 21:00 to 21:10. Every Sunday, from 15:00 to 15:10.
ohhh is changed ... but why not the right end of apply time?

In that case, where can we see the shedule? searching in news every time we want go? I saved the link of the news, but seems people didn't do it ...

Are now many days, hours, not easy to remember them, need write right info in batefields rules otherwise happend that: no one equal started at lvl 15 since the new shedule.

What is the goal of not giving the right infos in bf's rules?

Friday, June 30th 2017, 1:37pm

Other thing:

Was a good idea to make the weapon icon red when people are in Q for a bf ... BUT ... why when are people from same race?
Who care to know that are 2 mag in Q good luck for them, but what the point of that info for a magmar?
The issue is not to find a partner, but oponent. We all would like to know when are human in Q.

Is a other point, people asked about since long long time. Queing for bf that mean:
we can't start a instance in the meanwhile, or start hunt or ...
we can't leave the pc because 5mn for confirm and a soundless notification

So Queing for bf mean, stay on pc doing nothing, only wait during hours and hours.... Who have fun to waste life time waiting on a pc doing nothing even not surf on the net in meanwhile because soundless notification ? the guy who have 1 or 2 hours free for play, you really think he will Q for a bf and spend his 2 hours sit on pc for wait that maybe a bf start?
That was ok when was a lot of bf, a lot of people in Q, needed only wait our turn ... without leaving PC, because soundless notification.

So at least a notification with a sound, like for private message. Is a bit late now, are no more bf.
I can't understand why they ignored what people said when was still time for make something, and ask when is to late and all dead.

Friday, June 30th 2017, 4:20pm

There are many reasons for abandoned battlefields.

1. Buffomania - Some people think that it is mandatory to use all the buffs they have in battlefields. I ma not against buffing up. But buff up based on the opponent. if you buff up heavily, you will be driving away the people and the Q dies. Over a period of time, so called noobs will no longer Q. That is what happens now.

2. Failophobia - Some people are to scary lose. It needs more courage to lose than winning the game.

3. Breakophobia - Some are really afraid of breaking their armours. They need to understand that each armour has more than enough durability to complete the required 5 levels. belts, ringa and amulets were exception to it. But admins have made some chages recently making rings and amulets non-breakable. I think many are not aware of it.

4. Improper Times - Its an international server and people are playing from all around the world at different time zones. So many people are not able to play when the battlefields are really active.

5. Lazy - some are really lazy (like me) to go battlefields many times.

6. Level Stalling - Some people still think that stalling a level and working on a profession will fullfill all their dreams. They are still living in Alice Wonder Land. they do not know how beautiful the life is at the higher levels. They can achieve the goals at 1/10 effort at higher levels. i know many players who was level 4-5 when i started to play and they are still at level 6-7 after more than 5 years.

7. Real Life - Many do not have enough time to spent on battlefields sitting in the Q and getting into the battlefields. In the current scenario, will have to be in the Q for 2-3 hours to get an opponent for battlefield. Knowing that, many prefer not to Q unless they have 3-4 hours. Unfortunately, many are not able to spend that 3-4 continuous hours due to their real life commitments. I am one of them. I get hardly 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening after my busy real life schedules. Knowing that, i have a very little chance to get confirmation of battlefield, i do not Q. While online, i check the Q now and then and if the Q is almost near to be full, then i Q. else i abstain from Qing.

There could be many other reasons as well. but this is what comes in to my mind. All you have the rights to agree or disagree to it.

Friday, June 30th 2017, 4:37pm

first you understand, mostly abandoned battlefields is happend in the CC, due to long waiting in the queue.

Friday, June 30th 2017, 7:10pm

I am valor capped so its pointless me going to tallers but the main thing that has always dettered me from going there is overbuffers It is no fun going in there as a punchbag for them. One thing that could improve it is have it similar to equals battlefields where everyone has the same sets of armor and minimum buffs avaliable then it would be more fighting skill instead of who has the fattest wallet wins.

Lift the time restrictions from equals battlefields especially cave of equals where wins are needed for part of the red uk badge have it on all weekend instead of only a small window to apply which makes it hard for players who are from timezones where the times are really bad for them.

Bring back dungeon of forgotten heroes. I enjoyed that and i would go again even with being capped due to it being affordable, all about teamwork and level playing no part in who would win a fight and didnt even know who was who in there.

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 1:27am

What Could we do different for a battlefield?

Well lets look at Option #1 (Simple Approach)
How often do we go to battlefields, and we see players with literally a wall or sheet of paper with blesses, buffs, costumes, minor satiety, and so on, one after the other of everything one could put into a fight. Well if you are not as lucky or as professional as that, but to only have a few blesses which you and feel good about, and then the fight starts, and 75% of the opponents are all walls of effects. At that immediate moment you know you are not going to last long, and what was the point of going to this battlefield anyway? Some want very much to earn things.and try to advance a little here and there. In a short time, most quit going to battles because they either cannot afford to do all that un-necessary overkill of blesses, or they no point in trying to find some balance in that field of battle. A simple approach could be set in play and limit to 3 blesses of whatever your heart desires or is commpatible to integrate together for the battlefield. This suggestion, would most likely increase battlefield responses to more participating. The common achievement from this aspect is what combination of three blesses could one integrate to best meet their style on the field of battle? Yet this is just an idea, to find more participation rather than, wishing to be there having fun
Option #2 (Modertate Venue)
Similar to option #1, but one less bless, and game sets up a shop for you to pick up the approved blesses for the battle, free of charge. This venue provides teh blesses on arrival, and in the long run finds the correct balance for the battle to begin on. No arguing about whose blesses is more powerful, or theirs was to weak, or they dont have the skill for that one yet, or they couldnt afford it, or its not a premium account. and so on. You want to do something right, then set a pre-requisite to a battlefield that has the player picking what is required through the shop for battle, and once set and that event recognizes the player is set correctly, enter the field and await the allotted time for it to begin. Now the battlefield is more balanced, everyone had to choose from the same listing, and now you see just what you can do and learn better attack and defense strategy, even a little team help once you all know who you got around you
Option 3# (Unique Perspective)
No allowance of acessories, animals, ghostly apparitions, and you only get one bless ! Now this is a fight many would run too, and yes they would, one bless gear to gear. and strategy is a must, and understanding what you can do as is, with one bless makes the difference. There would be no argument, one bless and gear. It would be all hit or miss on who picked what, who they are going against no matter their armor style or blessing or buff. Learning your combos in an effective response or setting ur combos up for a better sequence. This would have almost the idea of the fist fight in the tavern, accept you have gear and a bless. You are stripped from the rest of your stuff, because most of that is optional, and requires some kind of feed or coin to make it come to your aid or use. All in all. This avenue of a battlefield, would be quicker, and always a challenge, no matter what your level is.

Just so you all know, these are just options, ideas, opinions, perspectives, and above all else, Observations. Over time we learn many different tactics. Thers more to the game than just the view of Blessings and Buffs and Armor. We all know what we can do in some aspects, and not all of them. If we alter the basic things a little bit, then the outcome will be more honrable, challenging, and ironically more fun too. That is the point of being on this site. A game for some fun, right?
There is always room for Noodles!

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 7:15am

PvP

For Me the PvP battlefields are a Joke when we have certain Noobs that like to Throw lost soul, Greviors, Hexes, and the sort... Abyss used to be a nice thing... But so many jerks have ruined it....

Equals has never worked out for the Time Frame it is... For me that is 2pm and I most times am doing R/L stuff..

CC has never been real good because of the ones that like to use Ball and Chains and all that rubbish... Most the time CC is not PvP it is PvS player vs. Summons...

Tallaars Used to be okay but with the Mega buffed players ans the silly stallers has made that a joke.. But the one thing Tallaars does do is have No Summons...

All Battle Field instances should not have any summons at all no Mounts nothing... But if that happend people would find something else to Cry about...
People run in for No Break... Pure stupid.. We have resins for that... I can go all day and not worry bout stuff getting broke.. Now the new Belts and gnome items are unbreakable....
So I guess what I am getting at here is Timing and getting rid of Cry Babies...
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Just a Thorn in the Heads of all those awesome Humans.. I grow bigger in their heads everyday.. I love them all.. :lol: :lol:

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 12:59pm

I think most of the above are good ways, but the biggest problem is the lack of players. I remember when the game first started we had no problem finding players to quene, everytime i quened for cc it would only take a few min and i think back then we didnt even have interservers yet. Honestly i think the admins should try to promote the game more, it is really a miracle we still get new players from time to time, because i have no idea how one would find this game without referral links. maybe make some new poster and videos to promote?

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 2:10pm

I still remember why I feel sad and may make me afk for years.

That year I went CC with several blue armors and bought wraiths for total 40g in city fair. I want to done my quest in CC which you know like 113 green crystal, 10 enemy guards. I'm so faithful until I throw all of my wraiths , and the other player still throwing on me. I'm so despire even I've spent so many time to earn money for armors and wraith. Then I think I become a non-valor player and never go to CC.

Limits have to be brought to the BF. That's the point , if you have money, there is always some people richer than you. With time and money spent, finally the game should be fair at one level, what makes the difference is cooperation bettween player and player.

I agree with RoughRock for most of all.

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 2:40pm

Battlefield revival

Seeing as how the main concerns with people are being against over-buffed people, who lock everyone inside their base, the solution is simple.
No buffs allowed on all battlefields.
No break might help, but if the enemy has one person with 7 buffs who kills everyone in the base, people stop reviving and don't que in the future.
The best thing to do would be this: No buffs, no break and enemy can't enter your base. At the very least, this will let people utilise strategy and actually talk to each other, in order to fulfil the objective, instead of 7 people going AFK, as they can't even heal before being attacked in base.
This is especially a problem for higher levels, where you can stack a lot of buffs, if you are willing to fork out a lot of money and means the winning team is decided by the person with the strongest wallet, rather than the team with the best strategy and teamwork.
Some alternatives to also consider are to lower the amount of players needed on each side from 9 to 5 to at least start the battlefield and perhaps 10 minutes to confirm participation instead of five.
:mine:

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 3:13pm

I had suggested this earlier. Let me give a try again.

The whole valour needed for a particular rank to be divided into all the battlefields avalable for that level, forcing each player to visit each and every battlefield at each level/rank. This might revive the dead battlefields like CC. For a level 14 player (as an example), it can be segregated as follows:

Crustalline caves - 20%
Arena - 15%
Temple - 15%
Chaotic - 10%
Abyss - 10%
Tallar - 10%
Balance 20% from any events or out of battlefields

This will enforce the players to go each battlefields.