You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 11:54pm

International culture

Here we go.
So, the main clue here is to share and give some good hints regarding the most different and disparate fields of human knowledge and creativity. An easy and humble clue indeed.

We are few people from lots of different nations all over the world: it should be interesting to see how people with different bias and cultural identity could give and get hints about literature, or cinema, or any other manifestation of human creativity.
As far as we are all gentlemen and respectable ladies, I suppose there won't be any flaming.

I'd like to start this, and giving an example of what I meant to create with this thread.
Some time ago I came across with a beautiful masterpiece from turkish film industry - "Yol" ("The Journey", Palme d'Or in '82), which I do believe is generally well-known here in Europe, as it got awards at Cannes, and I'd like to watch more of turkish cinema, maybe from the more edgy/underground scene. Does anyone have few directors to suggest? I count on the big Turkish community here of course ;)

Anyone feel free to add more clues and requests, that's the aim of the thread! Thank you.

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 12:49am

Alright,first of all thank you for the thread.

Turkish television has had a lot of great movies. In Comedy we had Vizontele and Organize Isler movies. Cem Yilmaz and Yilmaz Erdogan are (who were both actors in those movies i mentioned) arguably two of the best actors and directors/producers.

As for "underground" scene,I'm not sure which director i can suggest,really. However,if you're interested,there's a crime movie coming up named Cingoz Recai . It's adapted from the book with the same name. To keep it short: It's about an evil-genius-criminal trying to run away from a genius cop (Like Arsene Lupin against Sherlock Holmes) and in the meantime seducing all the ladies.:wink: :wink:

To learn about the culture,I don't think I can give you anyone other than Fatih Akin. He is a Turkish-German director who makes movies with pieces from both cultures. In July is what I'd suggest you to watch.

Cheers.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 11:24am

Hmm, there are many beautiful films to suggest. What kind of movies do you like to watch more? New or old production does matter for you? If you can give me some details about your movie style then can try to suggest you some films and directors over them.

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 3:39pm

Thanks a lot guys for the feedback! I'll definitely check out what you suggested me, Cahal, and let you know my thoughts and impressions.

cnR, generally I'm interested in kinda introspective aesthetic in movies: my background is really classical (speaking about old productions), and with "classical" I mean of course Swedish or German or Dutch cinema mainly, French and Italian (my country!) of course, mostly from 50s-70s. I'm trying to learn something of the Asian scene (Japan - a must), and I'm really interested in documentary as a genre.
But I don't turn my nose up at comedy or more easy films of course!
One of my favourite productions of our times are Kim Ki Duk (South Korea) ones, or Roy Andersson (Sweden).

Anyone of you has watched Yol? Do you know it? I've read it was actually censored...