You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 3:29pm

@RoughRock - Raja Ravi Varma

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 3:57pm

who is the artist
Hermes and Baby Dionysos – Praxiteles.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:18pm

Hope this works..
Spikey99 has attached the following file:
  • Artist is....jpg (19.05 kB - 45 times downloaded - latest: Apr 3rd 2018, 7:42pm)

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:20pm

robin gunningham banksy

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:22pm

or just Banksy if you prefer :p

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:22pm

Claude Monet

Hope this works..

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:26pm

@Riddle - Yep, Banksy - Show me the monet

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:35pm

it supposed to be a famous artist not just a guy who make graffity and steal art from monet .i never heard of this guy

@Riddle - Yep, Banksy - Show me the monet

• "-Cahal-" has been banned

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:48pm

Hope this works..
It's actually true, the artist is Claude Monet, some random guy just added trash into the picture.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:50pm

This is the original piece, it's called "The Water Lily Pond"
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:52pm

Banksy isn't jsut some Random Guy though..

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:55pm

Dunno, I look at the Monet painting and I don't see half of the stuff that's on other painting :D
And maybe Banksy's painting's name has something to do with it all? lol
Even if it was based on Monet it wasn't made by Monet,
style is different, idea is different...

But I will just quote you Jadha "Don't cry now :) "

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:57pm

@ Jadha - guess that depends on your definition of what is famous and what is art. As it has not been defined here its open to interpretation. Personally I think Banksy is "more famous" than a lot of the artists so far included, and maybe read up on the painting, then you might understand the concept behind it. But then I'm orginally from Bristol, so guess biased.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:04pm

Show Me the Monet (2005)
Artwork description & Analysis: This work by Banksy refigures the iconic Impressionist painting Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lillies (1899) by Claude Monet. Monet's original reveals a tranquil scene of his own garden, with rich vegetation reflected in the calm water. Banksy has replicated Monet's original painting almost exactly, using the same materials as Monet, however Banksy has added two discarded shopping carts and a traffic cone to the pond.

By using shopping carts, an image associated with consumerism, Banksy's message is that society is focused on material goods, buying more than is necessary in a futile attempt to make ourselves feel happy and fulfilled. Moreover, by representing these man-made objects as discarded in an otherwise beautiful natural setting, he critiques contemporary society's disregard for nature in favor of commodity fetishism and the production of excessive waste, Even the title of Banksy's work has subverted the meaning of the original, with the word money being a play on Monet, which can be read as a critique of the commercialization of art.

Oil on canvas

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:05pm

And no one says you actually have to like it....

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:05pm

i apologize :)) he is a famous artist just never heard of him .Spikey99 you are right

Dunno, I look at the Monet painting and I don't see half of the stuff that's on other painting :D
And maybe Banksy's painting's name has something to do with it all? lol
Even if it was based on Monet it wasn't made by Monet,
style is different, idea is different...

But I will just quote you Jadha "Don't cry now :) "

:cool: :thumbsup:

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:14pm

@Jadha - No worries.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:21pm

gues now

gues who is the artist
Jadha has attached the following file:
  • Doua-fete.jpg (33.13 kB - 38 times downloaded - latest: Apr 3rd 2018, 7:42pm)

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:23pm

Stefan Luchian

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 5:25pm

@cahal you should really read the rules :son: magmar asked, you are not supposed to answer :son: