You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 9:54pm

Excuse me, it was Caviar, it's from the black see, and mostly russian

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:41pm

@Asyix - I still wouldn't say whelks are quintessentially French, they've always been eaten throughout Britain, other coastal european countries and throughout the world.

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:42pm

Nope, it was Turkey

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:43pm

@Spikey@Asyix - I agree with Spikey, they seem to be more popular in some other countries...

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:44pm

@Asyix - I still wouldn't say whelks are quintessentially French, they've always been eaten throughout Britain, other coastal european countries and throughout the world.
They are a French specialty. 100% sure. Britain even mock us saying we eat "snails" so I don't think it's also their specialties lol

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:45pm

@Spikey@Asyix - I agree with Spikey, they seem to be more popular in some other countries...
you just want my question to be unvalided dude :lol:

As i said, 100% sure, otherwise french wouldn't be mocked for eating "snails" thanks :p

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:47pm

Yeah but mostly due to land snails and not sea snails

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:51pm

There's no interest debating with you
Nothing personal :love1:

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:52pm

@Asyix - if you'd put Escargot, then yes. But not Whelks, I remember them being my Gran's favourite, she loved them as a kid growing up on the south coast. Very popular pickled in vinegar. Personally hated them, but each to there own.

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:56pm

yeah, I know, selfishness all the way, like I said) Learning from Aix)

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:57pm

https://behind-the-french-menu.blogspot.…ot-bourget.html

I can post some links too)

"Fifty years ago British seaside holidays on the Atlantic coast were never without a cup of winkles and whelks to eat on the spot; a few places continue that tradition. The winkles and whelks in the UK were eaten cold with salt, pepper, and vinegar. They would have been previously boiled in water with vinegar, usually malt vinegar. The best way to eat them was cold with more vinegar while accompanied by bread and butter.
"

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:00pm

To me it depends on the type of the whelk

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:03pm

Which is not a Female invention?

a. Monopoly
b. The car heater
c. the laser
d. the medical Syringe
e. the computer algorithm
f. the dishwasher
g. computer software
h. The fire escape

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:04pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28873899 - or guess you could say it orginates in Spain!

I think the point is, while yes, whelks popular in France, they have also been popular in lots of other places, so not quintessentially French.

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:05pm

channeled whelk - USA mostly
common whelk - France mostly
Knobbed whelk - USA mostly
lightning whelk - USA mostly
so yeah

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:07pm

medical Syringe

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:09pm

a. Monopoly
b. The car heater
c. the laser
d. the medical Syringe
f. the dishwasher
g. computer software
h. The fire escape

This interested me so I searched it up and i found several of them (c, d and h) to have been invented by men :noo:

So I will randomly guess at you intending for C to be the correct answer :lol:

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:11pm

maybe another controversial one as fire escapes seems to be a male invention too

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 11:12pm

a. Monopoly
b. The car heater
c. the laser
d. the medical Syringe
f. the dishwasher
g. computer software
h. The fire escape

This interested me so I searched it up and i found several of them (c, d and h) to have been invented by men :noo:

So I will randomly guess at you intending for C to be the correct answer :lol:
C is the correct answer :D ... and i suppose question might have been ambigious or too precise i suppose because i didnt want people googling around :D ... D was invented by a woman ( there are other types invented by men) and h was invented by a woman too (Anna Connelly)