You are not logged in.

Friday, June 29th 2018, 7:37am

[ITEMS] Moulds II

Weekly knowledge test: 29/06/2018-06/07/2018

Which mould is the best for each item and style - and why??

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct and complete answers up to 10 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • The most detailed or unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Jul 6th 2018, 2:01pm)

Friday, June 29th 2018, 10:30am

Main goal when using Moulds its having as many symbols as you can and also preferably red/purple.

Gray armour can have 1 symbol
Green armour can have 1-2 symbols
Blue armor can have 1-3 symbols
Purple armor can have 1-4 symbols
Red wepons can have 1-4 Symbols

My reccomandation(for BC) would be :
Weapon: It-Flar Symbol of Will to Retribution with any combination (preferably maxed number of symbols)
Helmet: Tubar-Dan Symbol of Inexorability with some aditional durability;
Pauldrons: Prod-Fort Symbol of Ability and Atum-Forte Symbol of Mastery
Bracers: any profession symbol with extra durability or purple symbol
Armour: as many red/purple symbols as u can and some extra durability
Pants: as many red/purple symbols as u can and some extra durability
Shirt: as many red/purple symbols as u can and some extra durability or speed
Boots: as many red/purple symbols as u can and some extra durability or speed
Bow:should go for a combination that offers ectra fury like Scour Symbol of Fury and that increases your maximum fury like Skor-Va Symbol of Anger
Quiver: must have Saguit Symbol of Arrow + aditional symbold from bow

My personal oppinion its that the best symbol for Armour, Pants, Shirt or Boots its Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield speacially for players under lvl11 when usually fighting happens in block. And also make sure you have durability if you wanna be succesful in pvp fights. :knight:

There are many symbold and im sure one can find better combinations. but those are the ones that i find most efficient and that easy to get(you can get them from not so many attempts). that the best i found till lvl8 ^^

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nefertiti" (Jun 29th 2018, 10:49am)

Friday, June 29th 2018, 2:53pm

Let's start with the fact that there is no best symbol combination for item or style.
It can always be better, depending on how much you want to spend and what is it you're aiming for.

As an PvP player I always aim for combination of durability symbol with red/purple symbol as addition. Of course the more symbols added to it the better, but this is my overall priority.

My types would be as follow:

As a dodger:

In helmet:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Tubar-Dan Symbol of Inexorability + anything else as bonus

In pauldrons:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Yt-Kor Symbol of Devastation + anything else as bonus

In bracers:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Yt-Kor Symbol of Devastation or Phen-Kor Defence Symbol + anything else as bonus

In main weapon:
Stryg-Flar Symbol of Will to Live + 2 additional symbols as bonus

In additional weapon:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory + anything else as bonus

In vest:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield or Phen-Kor Defence Symbol or Ytkor-Dun Symbol of Rescue (if someone has some spare money they can try to actually combine the mentioned symbols, but it's rare to achieve that)

In pants:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield + anything else as bonus

In chainmail:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Tubar-Dan Symbol of Inexorability or Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield or Phen-Kor Defence Symbol or Ytkor-Dun Symbol of Rescue (if someone has some spare money they can try to actually combine the mentioned symbols, but it's rare to achieve that)

In shoes:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield or Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory or Stryg-Flar Symbol of Will to Live or It-Flar Symbol of Will to Retribution (if someone has some spare money they can try to actually combine the mentioned symbols, but it's rare to achieve that)

In bow:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory or Stryg-Flar Symbol of Will to Live or It-Flar Symbol of Will to Retribution (if someone has some spare money they can try to actually combine the mentioned symbols, but it's rare to achieve that)

In quiver:
Saguit Symbol of Arrow + Scour Symbol of Fury (maximum color) or Skor-Va Symbol of Anger (maximum color) + anything else as bonus

As a HW: (I will only mention differences to dodger - else should be like above)

In additional weapon:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + It-Flar Symbol of Will to Retribution or Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield + anything else as bonus

As a BC: (mentioning only differences)

Two-Handed weapons:
Yt-Kor Symbol of Devastation + Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory + anything else as bonus

In shoes:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield or Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory or Stryg-Flar Symbol of Will to Live (if someone has some spare money they can try to actually combine the mentioned symbols, but it's rare to achieve that)

In bow:
Booste Symbol of Resistance (maximum color) + Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory or Stryg-Flar Symbol of Will to Live (if someone has some spare money they can try to actually combine the mentioned symbols, but it's rare to achieve that)

Why changes in bow and shoes?
Because I strongly recommend not using it-flar as Bonecrusher. It's my personal opinion that bc with it-flar against dodger is just nothing more but a fast death.

The combination of symbols mentioned above is considered for players below lvl 11.

Friday, June 29th 2018, 3:58pm

Good symbols for level 10 and under are dramatically different to those good for level 11 (I am unsure what is good above this, as I am not above level 11) and given that my symbols pre-mage were awful, I'll only explain what I would ideally have at level 11, as I'm sure symbol strategies change a lot as levels go up. I'm a bonecrusher, so I am not certain about others but have a decent idea of what'd be good, not to mention all this is my opinion. First I'll mention three very useful symbols for any piece and style:
Vamp, Damage and Crit 5 (or 4, in practice) symbols. These are all fantastic and recommended on any pieces they can be acquired on, but aren't always the optimal choice. All three can be rolled on boots and bows, but the vamp symbol can also be rolled on dodger/heavyweight main hands, the damage symbol on bonecrusher weapons and dodger offhands, and the crit symbol on bonecrusher weapons and heavyweight offhands.

Ah, level 11, where game says screw you and makes you change almost all your symbols if you want to be competitive. Let's start with the most important symbol of them all:

Godkar Symbol of Ass-Kicking

This should be on your cuisses. It will probably be expensive. You may shed a tear or two throwing moulds at your cuisses and getting spammed with other useless trash, but this is absolutely worth the pain. No other cuisses symbol comes close to this one, though if you drink some liquified leprechaun before trying your moulds you may get some suppression or magic protection along with it, which would be my dream cuisses.

A side note on magic protection: For bonecrushers I recommend a focus on dodger (light/shadow) protection, for dodgers I recommend a focus on bonecrusher (air/fire) protection, and for heavyweight I recommend a split of both dodger and bonecrusher protection. Why ignore your own class? Because your armour gives 0 protection to your own class so it's hard to build up a decent amount of protection without overly focusing on it. Why ignore heavyweight? Because there are hardly any to deal with.

After cuisses it makes sense to talk about cuirass next. There are two good options for your main cuirass symbol:
Mollyr Symbol of Enragement Do you like making your opponents angry as they keep missing you over and over? Then this guy is your friend. It requires some dedication with other symbols (mentioned later) to work, but is extremely effective when worked around.
Ytmal-Dun Symbol of Pain Reduction If you already have good defences from talents and durability, this will make those oh-so-common Will stackers cry as their crits tickle you.
Of course you can theoretically get both but that sounds disgusting to actually acquire in practice. On top of these you can also get the weaker version of the suppression symbol that gives +5 suppression, which is more reasonable but also pretty tough. The ideal piece has these 3 symbols, along with some juicy protection.

Now let's talk level 7-10 gear. These are arguably just as important as your level 11 gear to fix up, as pretty much all the best level 9-10 symbol setups are garbage at level 11.

First, let's talk magic protection. You can roll a +20 magic protection symbol on all level 8+ gear except main hand weapons for dodgers and heavyweights. Magic protection symbols are incredibly strong when stacked up together, and every piece of level 8-10 gear should have some as mentioned above, with one exception in my opinion being boots. If your boots have two or more of the 5 turn symbols mentioned above then keep it that way, otherwise reroll to protection. On pauldrons you can also roll a +10 to all protections symbol which is inferior to the standard +20 magic protection symbol, but if you get both then you have yourself a mean set of pauldrons.

The other big stat you can rack up on your level 7-10 gear is suppression. You can roll a +5 suppression symbol on your chainmail, pauldrons and helmet. If you are a dodger or heavyweight you can also roll it on your main hand. If you want to play the bully-level strategy of stacking suppression with the +8 on cuirass, you should try and roll this on ALL possible pieces.
In my opinion it's more important to make a foundation of protection before suppression, but either way around has the pros and cons. Of course, it's not too egregious to get both on your helmet, pauldrons and shirt, and that's what I'd recommend.

Weapons haven't showed up much, and that's because they don't get much. You want whatever possible 5 turn symbols on them, along with any suppression mentioned, if possible.

For your bow, you just want the 5 turn symbol of your choice, or more than one if you're a lucker. My personal preference is vamp > damage > crit as a bonecrusher, but for other classes I imagine crit is better. Quivers are neglected at level 11 and all you can hope for is +1 arrow and/or fury/max fury, everything else sucks.

There are a few other important symbols for your armour to consider, as follows:
Ytmal-Dun Symbol of Pain Reduction This can also roll on your chainmail. It's preference whether you have this on your chainmail or suppression, but my rule would be to take the same stat as what you have on your cuirass. Of course if you are rich and/or eat horseshoes for breakfast, you can just roll both.
Magic Defence Symbol This can roll on your offhand, shirt, gauntlets and helmet. The ideal gloves have protection along with this symbol, but for other pieces it's going to be a challenge to roll this symbol together with the other, more important ones.
Nymen Symbol of Even More Enragement You don't have enough suppression? You're a top-class lucker? Roll this along with your Gitkar on cuisses or on your helmet and make your enemies cry. A heavyweight can also grab this on their shield. This symbol doesn't appear very often so don't count on it.

A quick mention of durability symbols is necessary, as I've neglected them completely. Why is that? The defence they offer is simply outclassed by both protection and suppression. If you get some durability along with the above symbols then that's great, but it's not something to be sought after.

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 1:53am

Both riddle and nefertiti already explained the topic, i'll just give some personal opinions on the topic for non mages.

The few good ones suitable for all the style are resistance symbol, Skout-Toom Symbol of Stalwart Shield and the balance symbols.

Some of the ones that i consider as must have for any style are : Stryg-Flar Symbol of Will to Live(once activated, for 5 moves 33% of the dmg dealt is converted as heal to yourself)and Per-Flar Symbol of Will to Victory(enpower 33% your hits for 5 moves).

Some specific symbols anti style are : Ytkor-Dun Symbol of Rescue against bc crits dmg.

For bc or dodger i advice some symbol like : Armat Symbol of Pantsir or Scar Symbol of Prudence because gives hp lowering just a bit the other stats where bc and/or dodger are top on.

For hw i advice Cryph-Tarth Symbol of Sacrificial Power, try to enpower as much as you can, even risking a bit of your hp.

Best symbol for bc on pauldrons and bracers is Yt-Kor Symbol of Devastation and for bc weapon is Yt-Kor Symbol of Devastation

These are only personal opinions, nothing more, nothing less. :beer:
Don't be jelous of others, try to care about yours, only after that you will understand what you really have. P.S. Is very very very hard :cry: but i will try my best :peace: :beer: