You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 22nd 2019, 9:21am

OTHER] Valor or Reputation?

Weekly knowledge test: 22/03-28/03/2019

What is more important: Valor or Reputation? Explain your choice.

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct and complete answers up to 5 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • Only complete and detailed answers will be rewarded. If there is more than 5 detailed and complete answers the most unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Mar 29th 2019, 8:56am)

Friday, March 22nd 2019, 12:04pm

Soo my choice is ofcourse reputation

first because its 10x better
it basicaly biggest thing that changes game,your rank and items you can get from it
without reputation you wont get far if you want to achive something and not be like those 6 months players that are mages with

green set and no reps
its the best thing because with rep you unluck items,armor,pets,mounts and etc everything you can imagine you get with rep
valor these days is overrated and is shit,its easy to get but you dont get much from it,in old days you got armor maybe and some other stuff now you can get everything that you can get with valor without it
:wall:
valor is thing that you get each level,you get max rank and basicaly forget about it till next rank,but reps are all the time you need them everyday so i chose rep because you can gain acesss to anything and some of the best games stuff :music:
I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.

• "GastarbeiteR" has been banned

Friday, March 22nd 2019, 4:31pm

Reputation.

It's possible for everyone to get their ranks done thanks to weekly valor events and battlefields in general.
However, one without decent reputations will always get decimated. There are key reputations such as Eldives/Kroffdors, Custodians of Magic and Triads. These ones for example, affect the player's fights anywhere at any given time.

Eldives and Kroffdors basically affect how a fight is going to go down thanks to their special buffs which can be used once in a fight and they'll last the whole fight, it's good for pvp.

Custodians of Magic gives the players the chance to obtain special books which give them very good spells, I myself can't imagine how bad would it be without Force of Anger or Bloodless, both in pvp and in hunts (in hunts it's mostly FoA but Bloodless also comes in handy when other monsters join and call others into the fight). Other than those, getting the purple badge allows the players to buy a stun spell which is also great, however the best of all is the cooldown reduction the player gets upon receiving the worship badge. It reduces the timer from 100 seconds to 60 seconds.

Last, but not least, Triads. The will of the chosen effect (or the anger of the chosen negative effect) gets better and better every time one reaches 500,1000,2000 and 3000 as well as getting a chance to increase the triad procurement skill by 3 every time one reaches these reputation checkpoints. There's also a newly added thing to this reputation: barachmung's, ulvarno's and asseliander's bags. They basically increase the backpack space of a player.

However, these are just the tip of the iceberg, the real "juicy" part of these reputations is that two of these (Triads and Eldives/Kroffdors) and some other reputations (such as shadow catchers, fighters against shiass etc.) affect the effects of the player when he/she enters Meridian Vaults. Someone who has 500 eldive reputation will get 2 wisdom whereas another one with 3000 reputation will get 8 wisdom inside. Same goes for other reputations as well, for example 500 sylph fairy reputation increases max hp by 4% but 3000 reputation will increase it by 16% instead.

Therefore going for reputations is better than going for raw valor. It's harder, but it pays off very well.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Saturday, March 23rd 2019, 5:28am

I would say that both are equally important, but if I had to choose one would be the value.
Courage opens the door to better weaponry that you can use both to win battles in fields and fight against much stronger monsters. Access to runas and bezel that can only be used with different value ranges.

Even so, I believe that there should be a balance between value and reputation because reputations give improvements in items that you can use to get more value.

My bet goes for the value given that I have always been a player that takes advantage of the value and tries to get the highest percentage possible in each level.

There is even a reputation that will be linked to the value, this is the reputation of the underground knights. From this reputation you can get new items and potions for the best battlefields and your value increases.

:knight: :sneakers:

Monday, March 25th 2019, 1:49pm

If you want to just be strong in pvp fights, then valour is more important. Speaking from my level 11-12 experience, access to good durability bezels matters much more than before mage, since the less damage you take, the less the opponent heals with atshi elixir as well. After all, you don't want the opponent to have a net gain of life against you. Penetration bezels are also very powerful for both pvp and pve, and the talents unlocked by earning valour are great too. With the existence of chaotic battle tokens and thus easily acquired purple gear, being able to use valour gear is not much of an advantage, but a blue set with good bezels certainly outperforms a purple set with none. Mass poison spells from champion and war master rank are fairly useful as well in larger fights.
Nonetheless, for pvp there are some reputations that are directly helpful. Custodians of Magic, Kroffdors and Eldives provide some useful spells, Shadow Catchers provides good blessings and illusory pockets, and the gods can rarely (emphasis here) provide assistance at times. Bringers of Evil, Underground Knights, Destroyers of Chaos and Brotherhood of Virtue give access to nice mounts although the arhas outperforms them all most of the time. BoE also gives access to black dragon buffs which are pretty good, whilst BoV players are left to cry mostly (they said it, not me).
In a fight with a valour only player and a reputation only player, the reputation player would win in a 1v1 if they used all the buffs available to them that the valour player is unable to access, but most of the time, in for example a chaotic battle situation this isn't the case, and the valour player fares far better 99% of the time. That said, por qué no los dos?

Monday, March 25th 2019, 4:56pm

Let's talk about why valor is important.
Valor grants you access to a variety of stuff like spells, rank bezels, talents etc but most importantly it paves the path for you to equip the much desired and superpowerful purple valor armor. Purple valor armor is prolly the best u can own bcs: 1) it has the best stats 2) it can get maximum no. of symbols 3) its transferable.
At higher lvls valor also unlocks more spells like mass poison which are very useful in BFs

Now, reputation (which is also my choice as far as the question is compared, i.e. i believe reputation is more important than valor if u HAVE to compare between the two)
So, honestly rep provides a far larger variety of stuff as compared to valor, i'll state a few-
1) bov/boe buffs, which can literally alter the course of a battle
2) god of dead, dragon, aladeya, nymphius, sylphius blesses during fights which can have major impacts
3) lots of new buffs and spells for mages at different reputation points, eg aureoles, shadow catcher bless, cutsodian spells etc
4) belts/arkats/sashes etc which are basically the essence of high levels and very difficult to survive without
5) reputation rating has a huge effect on player rankings

Also i'd like to add that since valor is not really a very tough task as there are plenty chaotics, weekend valor events etc happening all the time, but a player has to work hard for their reps, so completing a worship quest instills a sense of pride and accomplishment in the player's mind. reps are harder to get and take longer, but are definitely more important than valor, but valor is vv important as well ;D

THANKS ^_^

Wednesday, March 27th 2019, 11:00pm

intresting question an i would say reputation !

sure can we buy with good valour-rank bezels,belts with 2slots for lv5 and armor with rank champion +,but this game have with symbols,runes and elements enough options,to have same or better items

some years ago was estates coming and i will say,that valour comes later from alone

the reputation

this is a big point,all players have a other art to play,we can play like a bad boy/girl and the game have here a option with reputation called bringers of evil / details can read in game-libary http://warofdragons.com/info/library/index.php?obj=cat&id=50 / or we play like a helpful "angel" and here is a reputation-option too / details http://warofdragons.com/info/library/index.php?obj=cat&id=60 /

the differrent is easy to say......a bringers of evil nerv the enemys with hexes and a brother of virtue help players with blesses

also some reputation /if you have red medal/give us the chance to buy verry strong mounts,that you can call in your fights vs monster and/or enemyrace

the next point differrent blesses,shuriken,potions,pets,teleport amuletts ,effects from alot ingame-gods etc

for each art to play you can combinate some reputations and this can make you with good tactik to a strong fighter

thats why i say reputation