You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, September 13th 2019, 9:10am

[ITEMS] Bows and Arrows

Weekly knowledge test: 13/09-19/09/2019

What effect do we have on bows? Explain them and put them into the order you consider them useful,

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct and complete answers up to 5 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • Only complete and detailed answers will be rewarded. If there is more than 5 detailed and complete answers the most unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Sep 20th 2019, 7:22am)

• "Hakan The Khan" has been banned

Friday, September 13th 2019, 2:20pm

The bows have various different effects, excluding the stats they give according to their level, class and colour, they let the owner of the bow choose a variety of arrows to shoot at the enemy and affect how the battle is going to go according to their level, colour and class.

For example, a level 12 purple bow has 14 effects to choose from, but a level 12 blue bow has only 8 effects whereas a puple level 7 bow has 10 effects. Among those effects, there are class specifics like Powerful Protection Punishment or Powerful Shackles of Protection and there are general effects such as Prolonged Filth or Powerful True Arrow. The colour of the bow decides how much they will affect the enemy, for example prolonged filth (purple) reduces the healing effect by 32% but Filth (blue) does the same by 27 percent.

I'm going to list the most useful ones to me as I don't see any reason to use and waste the limited amount of arrows I have, I will only mention the effects I see useless and just say that I don't recommend. Also the effects I'm going to use as reference as well as their names are from level 17 purple dodger bow.

Powerful Glaze Break: This is the most useful bow effect starting from level 17. It breaks the glaze of the enemy (glaze is what the war mages use, upon activation it consumes mana, then you hit physically, it keeps consuming mana with every hit but after every physical hit, a magic damage is applied) for 2 moves. It could be crucial to use it before using your super blow, in case it doesn't stun the enemy, the enemy won't be able to kill you by stunning you at full health and draining your life almost immediately. High levels are very dangerous when it comes to stuns.

Powerful Fetters of Weakening: Starting from 16, this is one of the most important effects. Everyone knows how it works, it resets the enemy super blow so you can hit without being afraid of a 10 second stun coming from the enemy or the enemy being able to fill almost 20-30% of their life with a combo ender.

Powerful Fury Punishment and its variants: Now this one is very interesting. If the enemy is not as strong as you are and you're in a battlefield like temples during Magic Storm in Temples event, it can be useful to try on the enemy and let them lose a lot of hp every time they do a class specific move. Fury Punishment makes the enemy lose hp when they hit critical, Protection Punishment makes the enemy lose hp when they block an attack and Agility Punishment makes the enemy lose hp when they dodge an attack.

Prolonged Filth: This one isn't as useful as it used to be back in levels 5-15 but it still has some use to it, making the enemy lose 32% of the hp they were supposed to get from elixirs.

Powerful Magical Silence: It's not useful anymore, it used to be very good between levels 11-15, preventing the enemy from dealing any magic damage for a solid 3 moves, forcing them to use physical hits which won't give them any hp back, nor will it cause you to lose extra hp because of a critical hit. This was a no-brainer. You would choose it no matter what in fights and if your team does the same, you would win most of the time.

Powerful Hex: It's not useful to me anymore because nobody uses scrolls in this level. I also used this for once in my entire 4 years on only 1 person because they kept stalling in Tallaar's Halls and kept using scrolls. It basically removes any healing and restorative scrolls on the enemy.

Powerful Strength Loss: It works as a powder/scroll of retribution, the enemy hits themselves with every hit. It doesn't have much use in my level group. Maybe useful in low levels such as levels 5-11.

Powerful Shackles of Extacy and its variants: It basically blocks the enemy from doing their class specific actions. This effect prevents a BC to hit physical critical hits. I never used it, I don't recommend using.

Powerful Magical Oblivion: Reduces the magic protection of the enemy. I don't recommend using unless the enemy of the rival class (for example dodger's rival is BC, BC's rival is HW and HW's rival is Dodger) has high magic protection which is unlikely in most cases.

Powerful Enchanted Sleep: It prevents the enemy pet from using effects. I don't recommend using it. It'd only work if the enemy pet is well rested and is using effects on you like a mad man.

Powerful Breath of Ruin: It works like a powder/scroll of weakness. Weakens the hits of the enemy. I wouldn't recommend using it unless the enemy deals a lot of damage and you have to find ways to stall them so you take one for the team against a strong enemy while others are busy scoring points during a battlefield.

Powerful Magical Screen: Works exactly like Magical Oblivion. But gives the opposite effect. It reduces the class (light-darkness in this case because I use dodger bow) penetration of the enemy so they're more likely to miss a percentage of their magic damage against you. Again, I wouldn't recommend. The only time to use it would be in levels 11-15 and you are facing a Bonecrusher (BC) enemy with high penetration.

Powerful Flaming Arrow: For 4 hits, every time you hit, you will replenish some of your mana from the enemy you used this arrow on. I would recommend it only for levels 11-15. For high levels it doesn't have any use since there are 2 super blows to replenish your mana, not to mention nobody runs out of mana very easily.

Uncontrollable Enchanted Arrow: The opposite of Flaming arrow. Instead of 4 turns, it works in 4 seconds and burns 19% of the enemy mana. It's not useful, as i said before, high levels can use their super blows to replenish mana. But in levels 11-15 it'd be very useful to make the enemy lose the final bits of their mana and force them to hit physically.

And that's it. That's all there is to bows and their effects.
It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. What's even better is to weaponize your words to destroy anyone who dares challenge you.

Friday, September 13th 2019, 3:31pm

Stength Loss- Retribution Effects till end of effects
Protection/Fury/Agility Punishment- Enemy loses X% if they block/crit/dodge when the effect is active
Protection/Fury/Agility Shackles- Enemy is unable to block/crit/dodge when effect is active
Filth- Healing is reduced by x% when effect is active
Corruption-Removes some scroll effects, such as healing/mana scroll, SOME chaos magic. this also works on some boss who uses Healing Scrolls
True Arrow- Increase the chance of your next hit a Crit
Fetters of Weakening-Resets enemy combo
Enchanted Sleep-Prevent Pets from casting when effect is active
Flaming Arrow- I never used this skill before, it gives you x% of enemy mana every turn until end of effect?
Breath of Ruin- weaken enemy hits by X% until end of effect
Magical Oblivion-decreases enemys protection by X% utill end of effect
Magical Silence-Makes enemy unable to do magic when active
Magical Screen- decreases enemys penatration by X% until end of effect
Enchanted arrow-Removes x% of mana from enemy, but no more than X% of yours

I excluded the war mage bow skills because I never used it myself

For melee if your enemy is significantly stronger than you I suggest punishment because it procs more when they are stronger
Filth to prevent stalling
true arrow to KO after they get stunned
Fetters of weaken is quite nice against players equal to you

the rest are meh unless you stack retribution or weakness up with powder, scrolls, and pet skills

Friday, September 20th 2019, 12:56am

The bows have various different effects, excluding the stats they give according to their level, class and colour, they let the owner of the bow choose a variety of arrows to shoot at the enemy and affect how the battle is going to go according to their level, colour and class.

For example, a level 12 purple bow has 14 effects to choose from, but a level 12 blue bow has only 8 effects whereas a puple level 7 bow has 10 effects. Among those effects, there are class specifics like Powerful Protection Punishment or Powerful Shackles of Protection and there are general effects such as Prolonged Filth or Powerful True Arrow. The colour of the bow decides how much they will affect the enemy, for example prolonged filth (purple) reduces the healing effect by 32% but Filth (blue) does the same by 27 percent.

I'm going to list the most useful ones to me as I don't see any reason to use and waste the limited amount of arrows I have, I will only mention the effects I see useless and just say that I don't recommend. Also the effects I'm going to use as reference as well as their names are from level 17 purple dodger bow.

Powerful Glaze Break: This is the most useful bow effect starting from level 17. It breaks the glaze of the enemy (glaze is what the war mages use, upon activation it consumes mana, then you hit physically, it keeps consuming mana with every hit but after every physical hit, a magic damage is applied) for 2 moves. It could be crucial to use it before using your super blow, in case it doesn't stun the enemy, the enemy won't be able to kill you by stunning you at full health and draining your life almost immediately. High levels are very dangerous when it comes to stuns.

Powerful Fetters of Weakening: Starting from 16, this is one of the most important effects. Everyone knows how it works, it resets the enemy super blow so you can hit without being afraid of a 10 second stun coming from the enemy or the enemy being able to fill almost 20-30% of their life with a combo ender.

Powerful Fury Punishment and its variants: Now this one is very interesting. If the enemy is not as strong as you are and you're in a battlefield like temples during Magic Storm in Temples event, it can be useful to try on the enemy and let them lose a lot of hp every time they do a class specific move. Fury Punishment makes the enemy lose hp when they hit critical, Protection Punishment makes the enemy lose hp when they block an attack and Agility Punishment makes the enemy lose hp when they dodge an attack.

Prolonged Filth: This one isn't as useful as it used to be back in levels 5-15 but it still has some use to it, making the enemy lose 32% of the hp they were supposed to get from elixirs.

Powerful Magical Silence: It's not useful anymore, it used to be very good between levels 11-15, preventing the enemy from dealing any magic damage for a solid 3 moves, forcing them to use physical hits which won't give them any hp back, nor will it cause you to lose extra hp because of a critical hit. This was a no-brainer. You would choose it no matter what in fights and if your team does the same, you would win most of the time.

Powerful Hex: It's not useful to me anymore because nobody uses scrolls in this level. I also used this for once in my entire 4 years on only 1 person because they kept stalling in Tallaar's Halls and kept using scrolls. It basically removes any healing and restorative scrolls on the enemy.

Powerful Strength Loss: It works as a powder/scroll of retribution, the enemy hits themselves with every hit. It doesn't have much use in my level group. Maybe useful in low levels such as levels 5-11.

Powerful Shackles of Extacy and its variants: It basically blocks the enemy from doing their class specific actions. This effect prevents a BC to hit physical critical hits. I never used it, I don't recommend using.

Powerful Magical Oblivion: Reduces the magic protection of the enemy. I don't recommend using unless the enemy of the rival class (for example dodger's rival is BC, BC's rival is HW and HW's rival is Dodger) has high magic protection which is unlikely in most cases.

Powerful Enchanted Sleep: It prevents the enemy pet from using effects. I don't recommend using it. It'd only work if the enemy pet is well rested and is using effects on you like a mad man.

Powerful Breath of Ruin: It works like a powder/scroll of weakness. Weakens the hits of the enemy. I wouldn't recommend using it unless the enemy deals a lot of damage and you have to find ways to stall them so you take one for the team against a strong enemy while others are busy scoring points during a battlefield.

Powerful Magical Screen: Works exactly like Magical Oblivion. But gives the opposite effect. It reduces the class (light-darkness in this case because I use dodger bow) penetration of the enemy so they're more likely to miss a percentage of their magic damage against you. Again, I wouldn't recommend. The only time to use it would be in levels 11-15 and you are facing a Bonecrusher (BC) enemy with high penetration.

Powerful Flaming Arrow: For 4 hits, every time you hit, you will replenish some of your mana from the enemy you used this arrow on. I would recommend it only for levels 11-15. For high levels it doesn't have any use since there are 2 super blows to replenish your mana, not to mention nobody runs out of mana very easily.

Uncontrollable Enchanted Arrow: The opposite of Flaming arrow. Instead of 4 turns, it works in 4 seconds and burns 19% of the enemy mana. It's not useful, as i said before, high levels can use their super blows to replenish mana. But in levels 11-15 it'd be very useful to make the enemy lose the final bits of their mana and force them to hit physically.

And that's it. That's all there is to bows and their effects.

Thats the most detailed answer i have ever seen.

I came in to answer weekly question but whatever i would write - i´d not deserve anything for it cause you just did it 100% right amk ! :worship: