You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 6th 2019, 8:35am

[EFFECTS] How to buff right?

Weekly knowledge test: 06/12-19/12/2019

Which combination of effects do you usefor which occasion (PvE-also Superbeing and Instances/PvP) and why?

Post your answers here.

...................................................................................................................

For all who do not know the game yet some simple rules:
  • Every week (Friday morning) we publish one question to our game:
    Legend. Legacy of the Dragons.
  • From all correct and complete answers up to 5 participants will win one promotional game code each.
  • Only complete and detailed answers will be rewarded. If there is more than 5 detailed and complete answers the most unique answers have the biggest chance to win.
  • Copy and paste-answers will NOT be considered. Same goes for trolling or spamming or inadequate language.
  • Personal attacks on other players in your answers/posts as well will NOT be accepted.
  • Answer must be in English. You can answer in your mothertongue only if you post understandable translation in English in same post as your answer.
  • The winners will be chosen by a mixed team of magmars and humans. The decision will be final.
  • Codes will be sent to winners via private messages in the forum or per post ingame.

Good game and good luck for all! :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aixlinn" (Dec 20th 2019, 7:42am)

Friday, December 6th 2019, 1:20pm

Well it is all relative to your own preferances and habits.
For me personally i use dmg boosing buffs when hunting which allow me to reduce the number of hits i need to kill the monsters. So for lvlv 13 kroffs i buff up enough to do 800dmg crits so i can crit 3 times and it dies. I dont uff more than needed so as to not waste gold.
For superbeings i dont buff at all unless it Bone dragon or Uborg. When i do i just buff for hunting + maybe a heaven symbol for mana regen. kill the thing and hen go hunt with the rest of the buffs.
For instances i dont use buffs but i dont do exiles fortress so i dont really know.( PS not doing because of chess lvl 11-15 prices and boatload of exp you need to swallow).
For PVP it depends if im doing it for agoal like feats or not. If im just going for valour i just use hunting buffs , god buffs , pot of valour , maybe book of durability if i have one, If its for a goal i use ALL i have including rare/expensive buffs like secret of the ocean amulet , battle skill , that battle shpere , eleemtns shield etc.

BUt thats just my playsyle

Friday, December 6th 2019, 7:32pm

Effects and blessings

For non-mages :

To hunt in PvE, you need blessings that give the most damages possible to kill monsters as fast as you can. You can use heroic strengthening (Bringer of Evil with "Charlatan" or "Black dragon" or Brotherhood of Vitue with soups and manuscripts), main strengthening that give critical chances (elixirs of Rock Skin, Hurricane or Destruction), elixirs increasing you strength in pourcentage (Might charm, Battle skill), vertsida's flower for damage and ability to drop Evil Eyes (increased by the Evil Eye pots).
You can also use effects to drop additional items like Eye of truth for Crystals of Truth, Pot of gold for more gold after killing monsters, Dawn luck…
If you want to gain the least experience possible, you will have to increase your health at your best, using extra elixirs like life force (Symbol of Heavenly Blessings, Ginger mead from actual event) and use elixir of giant during the fights. And you can use drain elixir (reduces experience by 50% or 100%)
If you want to gain the most experience possible, you can use elixir of experience (increases experience)

To fight in PvP, you will need damage, health (characteristics in general to protect you), health regeneration, durability and ability to stun opponents.
You can use main strengthening (elixir of Rock Skin to stun or Hurricane and Destruction), heroic strengthening (same as PvE), elixirs increasing you strength in pourcentage (Might charm, Battle skill for stun, regeneration and critical chances), Symbol of Heavenly Blessings for health and health regeneration, Battle spirit for durability (less damage taken),
If you want to gain more valor, you can use valor elixir (increases valor) or select battlefield where valor is increased by events.
If you want to avoid injuries, you can take anti trauma in the infirmary of your estate or equip non-valor blue or purple sets.
If you want to increase the chances to hurt you enemies, you can use executioner potion if you have the executioner profession or equip valor blue and purple sets.

To conclude, for PvE you need damage, health and ability to drop valuables (Evil Eyes and Crystals of Truth) and in PvP you need characteristics, health regeneration, damage, durability and stuns.
You are now ready to kill. :smoke:

Friday, December 6th 2019, 7:35pm

For non-mages :

To hunt in PvE, you need blessings that give the most damages possible to kill monsters as fast as you can. You can use heroic strengthening (Bringer of Evil with "Charlatan" or "Black dragon" or Brotherhood of Vitue with soups and manuscripts), main strengthening that give critical chances (elixirs of Rock Skin, Hurricane or Destruction), elixirs increasing you strength in pourcentage (Might charm, Battle skill), vertsida's flower for damage and ability to drop Evil Eyes (increased by the Evil Eye pots).
You can also use effects to drop additional items like Eye of truth for Crystals of Truth, Pot of gold for more gold after killing monsters, Dawn luck…
If you want to gain the least experience possible, you will have to increase your health at your best, using extra elixirs like life force (Symbol of Heavenly Blessings, Ginger mead from actual event) and use elixir of giant during the fights. And you can use drain elixir (reduces experience by 50% or 100%)
If you want to gain the most experience possible, you can use elixir of experience (increases experience)

To fight in PvP, you will need damage, health (characteristics in general to protect you), health regeneration, durability and ability to stun opponents.
You can use main strengthening (elixir of Rock Skin to stun or Hurricane and Destruction), heroic strengthening (same as PvE), elixirs increasing you strength in pourcentage (Might charm, Battle skill for stun, regeneration and critical chances), Symbol of Heavenly Blessings for health and health regeneration, Battle spirit or food like battle bond for durability (less damage taken),
If you want to gain more valor, you can use valor elixir (increases valor) or select battlefield where valor is increased by events.
If you want to avoid injuries, you can take anti trauma in the infirmary of your estate or equip non-valor blue or purple sets.
If you want to increase the chances to hurt you enemies, you can use executioner potion if you have the executioner profession or equip valor blue and purple sets.

To conclude, for PvE you need damage, health and ability to drop valuables (Evil Eyes and Crystals of Truth) and in PvP you need characteristics, health regeneration, damage, durability and stuns.
You are now ready to kill. :smoke:

Saturday, December 7th 2019, 12:23am

In PvE mode, I usually buff for rainbow farm.
Rainbow sphere (well, wow!), red elixirs of invulnerability/or hurricane, eye of truth for more drop, blessing of the warrior for more damage are sine qua non of the rainbow hunt for me.
Optional buffs are: Elders buff (it takes too much time to wait for it), reputation buffs if you have, dragon buffs if you have, evil eye pots and pots of gold if you've bought from the fair.
Those buffs are grouped on two main objectives: "More damage" and "More loot". Because that's all we want.

If you are going to an instance, you dont need to buff that much. You can use elixir of rock skin because more stun means your combos will come sooner. Forget the "More loot" buffs in the instances. You can use rainbow sphere in Kretch inn if you want Butcher's eye but the other chances are eliminated. The more you buff up, the faster you clear the instance and you dont get bored. Calculate and select the optimum point for you.

In PvP mode, things are quite different. Usually every buff works well, with two exceptions.
-"More loot" like I said before in instance section, forget about that in here too. Enemies won't give you resources.
-Sacrificial Power Elixir. It's for the HW players, it give you more damage and reduces your hp a bit, but you're HW, I don't think you should care. Use it ONLY if you are HW.

Besides those, you can use any buff you want to buff up. Don't forget to take your valor potion. Godd luck! :fight:
At last we have the mighty Chewbacca.

Sunday, December 8th 2019, 12:08am

Well, this is a very subjective topic, in most of cases, with what we all could agree is that there is no point in buffing hard for hunt if you actually losing gold and probably in other points.

If we talking about PvE, mostly hunting, remember that you actually need damage buffs, a lot of them, not defensive buffs such ass blessing of endurance, element shield, battle spirit etc. Also before buffing you have to think about the cost, is might charm/oceans very good bless? Yes, for sure, is it worth to spend in hunting? The most possible is no, mainly in low levels, no idea about the highest ones for lvl21 imps. In addition if you going to do a low blessed hunting take the most money / effect worth. For example aureole, green twilight is one of the few examples, rock skin for non mage or war mage; dont take Black Dragon III as unique buff :love:

In the other hand for PvP my advice is, bless enough to win your opponent, open his ''/effect'' link to dont do an overkill, most of players, you would make people to give up about bfs, leave Qs and dont go anymore, so you end with ur shine victory medal, when you could have x10 nice fights and probably 10 shine victories, or 9(there is no shame in losing). Specifically talking about tallaar, you want to end fights fast, quick, make valor and scalp fast for everyone. So, I would advice to dont take defensive buffs(remember now 99% of times tallaars only happen in no-stun event) at all, or enough to dont get oneshot, just take damage. And if you join any neutral fight, use all you can, since always another guy could join and outbless you, and if you dont bless at all it isnt even worth to join for you and for the rest...

Before ending I would like to talk only about the chaotic, after lvl10(for all non-mages) we have 3-4 daily chaotic fights, atleast in lvl11-12. There you get a ''balanced'' team up, no race, and can earn chaotic tokens for 11-15 artful gear. Its healthier for the game if you didnt go full overkill, because people give up(stop coming chaotic) and you will end getting a really frustating message: something like ''There were not enough participants to start''. Where we all lost our time waiting there, and probably your blesses since you made everyone quit chaotic, atleast in lvl11-12 the player base is ''very'' big, but as levels pass there are less and less chaotics.

To sum it up, make game more enjoyable for everyone, dont throw away your gold and dont overkill :)

Friday, December 13th 2019, 3:57am

Rage Bless(PVE):
1-What to look for ?
+The blesses that increase your attributes so mobs cant dodge or block...
+The blesses that increase your attack so you can get the most out of your rage
+Some healing effects wouldnt hurt since sometimes you loose focus and die :D
2-What blesses I use ?
Black dragon(can be switched with brain storm)
Wariror's blessing
Blessing of heavens - Ginger Mead
Elixir of Rockskin (gives strength and stuns... perfect for both pvp and pve)
Instances:
1-What to look for ?

Depends on the instance type so I'll talk about them briefly...

2-What blesses I use ?
Delirict House: Warirors bless+battle zorb lets me clear it fast enough no need for extra stuff
Elfin Sanctuary: You need stuff that increase your health so Warirors Bless+Elixir of destruction and (if you have) heavens bless
Zirged's Hive: Only warirors bless since with mount and few summons it can be killed
Kretch's Lair: This depends on your lvl and strength... I use again warirors bless only but if you are below lvl6 and lets say have green armour you might wanna get elixir of destruction heavens bless and warirors bless)
Korr's Lair: Korr hits hard and poisons... you need many summons along with health buffs such as elixir of destruction and heavens bless... all others are optional
PVP Bless :angel:

1-What to look for ?

PVP is diffrent than all others.You must think of effect qualities more than what they do... You cant just go in with destruction... there are classes even in same elixir types

2-What blesses I use ?
Black Dragon(awesome buff that works as a punch but dont take slot. Also regens health)
Blessing of heavens(amazing regen buff also gives vitality which is very important in pvp's)
Wariror's bless (gives vitality and damage) ''Doing more damage than your opponent makes a huge diffrence :yes: ''
Elixir of Rock Skin (the reason I wrote this in dark is to draw attention on how useful it is... It gives strength which means more damage,gives protection and most importantly it gives you a chance to stun your opponent for 2 moves allowing to hit 3 times !! why is this important ? well with it you can catch your opponent off balance and easily do massive damage. This buff simply changes the battle's outcome!! No matter if you are rich or poor you MUST use this in pvp.
Durability snack(gives durability boost for a short time but it makes the diffrence)
Purple Ripe Honeyfruit ( Its one of those easy to get buffs and lasts for a short time but it really does help you and many forget using it...)
Antitrauma buff from estate is awesome for any bf... In battlefields sometimes you forget to take elixir of healing wounds so this buff helps you in that case :D
While talking about trauma... Im an exe so I use Purple Executioner Potion It breaks enemies morale when they get the injury... It helps with Temple,Crystal Caves and some occasions on arena when you win by a chance...

:drink: Hope this was helpful to those that made it till the end :)