You are not logged in.

Friday, November 19th 2010, 2:46pm

Great Battles - the role of "Low Levels" in Big Guys Battles...

As most of us know, there are loads of GB guides in the forum, many things were said about this. Many Great Battles have been lost, many high-levels cursing, executing, saying bad words to low-levels, etc. I don't want to repeat someone or something already said...
I just want you to see things through my point of view, and hope you might find some useful info in here:

First of all, I know that most of us hate being called "Low-levels" but in Great Battles where mages fight, we are low-levels indeed. And if you join so you can do 150-200 dmg and win ~50 Valour... you'll be hated. It is the mages that actually win the battle. And if we, low-levels, join... we need to support them.
Resurrection Scrolls are always welcome. But it's the color of the scroll that's important. Weak (grey) scroll is almost no use - it gives the resurrected player the possibility to die again in a glance. And mages don't want that. It means just more money to repair items. Grey scroll would be useful only to a mage who has some life potions left in their belts (killed due to connection problems or stunned).
It's always good to bring some healing scrolls... Rare ones or Blue and above. Grey or green are no use. Sunce blue ones are healing % of life (not a static value) Heavyweights may heal a large amount of life... which for a mage may mean a large amount of damage inflicted.
But keep in mind - once you join the fight - you become a target. Enemy mages will try to take you out as soon as possible. If possible, even before you try to resurrect someone. So, giant is a Must. Also, you need to be careful about the time you throw a heal to a mage - that's when you can't heal yourself and eventually, die. And death means pain and injuries and healers and no money... :))
If you have enough slots, you can support our mages by throwing them some Scrolls of Charm Dispersal. These can be bought from the Hunters of the Undead Repository if you have at least grey medal. Players below level 9 can only use Grey Scrolls - only 2 scrolls per slot, that is. Their main use is to remove magical poisons, or secondary mage spells. When we're outnumbered, enemy mages start to poison ours so the fight can end before backup comes... Aim the player with biggest number of spells cast on them and disperse. That would mean longer time in fight for them - they'll do more damage and can hold until help arrives...
And it's always good to know why you're joining the fight... if you're going to resurrect someone, let them know so they're prepared... some players just go afk after they die...
and you can't be sure how many potions, scrolls, etc. they have in their belts left... :))

Hope this helps... :smile:
Good luck with your Great Battles Medals... :wizard:
And have fun!
And I trust the very same person that you do... I trust the only person left to trust... - ME!

Friday, November 19th 2010, 5:35pm

+1, not so lazy after all :)
Plop-plop-plop-bloob…plop-plop….bubble…

Monday, August 1st 2011, 5:30am

First of all, I know that most of us hate being called "Low-levels" but in Great Battles where mages fight, we are low-levels indeed. And if you join so you can do 150-200 dmg and win ~50 Valour... you'll be hated. It is the mages that actually win the battle. And if we, low-levels, join... we need to support them.

Instead 2 lvl 5 are better than 1 lvl 8, if they res 2 mages with green res

Monday, August 1st 2011, 3:30pm

Quoted from "hellrocker28;102373"

Instead 2 lvl 5 are better than 1 lvl 8, if they res 2 mages with green res

Now how can you explain a level 8 that it is better for him not to join the GB with valor reward? That it is better for those two level 5 players to receive valor than for them? :]