You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 6:20am

I see a forum for compliments, but what about complaints?

Not a huge one or anything, mind. I realize you all have this mentor system in place to help new players, which is very cool. But does that preclude non-mentors who have a clue from also lending advice or answering questions?

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:00am

Not really no. Mentors are there to provide advice.

Do you have a complaint about a user (non-mentor) that is providing advice ?
People are like slinkies, Totally Useless. but they put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:23am

Actually no. I have a complaint about a mentor who basically told me that since I'm NOT a mentor, that I shouldn't answer a question even if I have the answer, because that's what mentors are for. A very simple question, actually. Someone just wanted to know how to leave the screen that pops up after combat and I told him, then got a very terse message from a mentor telling me not to answer questions because I'm NOT a mentor. I realize I'm still very new, but at least I knew the answer to THAT and I don't understand what harm could have been caused from my answer. ::shrug::

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:26am

You're right, mentor is not supposed to speak like that to players.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:28am

Was this by any chance in the settlement of klesva? (Mentors in this area have been instructed to advise players not to answer questions in klesva.)

If so there is a mentor on duty in the settlement of klesva that is there to answer questions in a specific way.
The reasoning that Mentors ask other users not to answer questions in this location is to try and avoid confusion to new players.
I can understand how you could take offence to this, but by no means was it said to insult you.
People are like slinkies, Totally Useless. but they put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:35am

Hmmm...well, the question I'd answered came from someone in the Outskirts area, but I clicked on the Klesva link for the kretch event. I don't know if the answer showed up on both chat screens or what, but the "tone" (what one can tell from words on a screen) came across very plainly to me. I'm not some kid up past her bedtime playing a game, I'm a grown woman with a child and grandchild, that discovered this game late one night at work, and it helps me stay awake on my shift. I DO understand and respect what the mentors do, but a little diplomacy goes a long way. I'd considered volunteering as a mentor when I leveled, but now I think I'll pass.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:35am

Just post a complaint in compliments section :)

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:37am

Rowena DeVandal mentoring is not a real job, and not all mentors are adults and capable of mature behaviour - some are simply kids :neznau:

Yet I agree if there is a section for compliments there should be section for complaints.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:41am

Quoted from "Rowena DeVandal;1481"

Hmmm...well, the question I'd answered came from someone in the Outskirts area, but I clicked on the Klesva link for the kretch event. I don't know if the answer showed up on both chat screens or what, but the "tone" (what one can tell from words on a screen) came across very plainly to me. I'm not some kid up past her bedtime playing a game, I'm a grown woman with a child and grandchild, that discovered this game late one night at work, and it helps me stay awake on my shift. I DO understand and respect what the mentors do, but a little diplomacy goes a long way. I'd considered volunteering as a mentor when I leveled, but now I think I'll pass.

I Do Apologist that you feel offended. Mentors have been instructed to ask players not to answer question in Klesva because it "might" confuse the new players. Im hoping that we could put this down to Lack of Communication and move past it.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:46am

No apology needed, TheShadowOne. I just wanted to make someone aware of what happened. I'm mostly offended that the mentor was impolite, not that s/he asked me not to answer questions. So, it's all good. :)

Friday, October 1st 2010, 8:15am

Mentors have been instructed to have higher level players move conversations to prv, and not answer questions to level 1's in klesva as some people do so simply to confuse new players or to bug mentors while on duty. These directions have come directly from admin.

This is a game, admins set the guidelines that we play by. It is all text base and therefore can be easy to misinterpret someone's tone in a message, that may be sent in a hurry when helping other players in prv.

As to the initial complaint. Anyone is free to give advice in this game. In locations other than klesva. infact we thank you all for helping us preform our duties as mentors. Remember without new players that get interested in the game, it would get stale very quickly. Thats what mentors are here for, to help keep the flow of new players, make sure people dont' get confused, frustrated and leave.

in the old forums there was a place to lodge official complaints. I will see that this is transfered over for those that feel its needed.

Friday, October 1st 2010, 9:01am

As requested please find the link to the human mentor complaint thread below, I will speak with Mag HM to have an equivalent one set up for magmars, It will be located in the sub forum under mentor advice.

http://www.warofdragons.com/forum/thread…t-Human-Mentors
LJ ~ Jedi Order Grandmaster ~ Mentor Website Editor

Mentor info site: http://sites.google.com/site/info4wod/

Friday, October 1st 2010, 10:02pm

Quoted from "Rowena DeVandal;1474"

Actually no. I have a complaint about a mentor who basically told me that since I'm NOT a mentor, that I shouldn't answer a question even if I have the answer, because that's what mentors are for. A very simple question, actually. Someone just wanted to know how to leave the screen that pops up after combat and I told him, then got a very terse message from a mentor telling me not to answer questions because I'm NOT a mentor. I realize I'm still very new, but at least I knew the answer to THAT and I don't understand what harm could have been caused from my answer. ::shrug::

i get the same infact the mentors exact word was "who did and mad you th authority" as there was no mntor there and i asked a player to speak english.

we need the complaints forum about mentors and guards again
:stesn: my cookie tower died... there's dead cookies everywhere :stesn:

Friday, October 1st 2010, 10:22pm

90% of the threads are complaints. You also have the complaints section in guards. You didn't even bother to check.. just whine whine whine.

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 9:54am

cant say i was whining i was simply replying to a post that was added. and actually at the time the post was added thre was no mntor complaints part ofn my screen it was giving 505 bad gateway

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 10:11am

Quoted from "jako pijan;1974"

i get the same infact the mentors exact word was "who did and mad you th authority" as there was no mntor there and i asked a player to speak english.

...the guard complaint section was up before the forum even went live...

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 10:28am

we werent on about guard complaints.... we're on about mentor complaints

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 10:31am

Then re-read what you wrote..

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 10:48am

Quoted from "jako pijan;1974"

As was said, we have a guard complaint section. There is also a mentor complaint section. And when that incident happened, the old forums with the old mentor complaint section was in place. I reviewed your complaint because it was brought to the attention of the head moderator who then brought it to my attention.

The mentor who arrived in location seconds after you complained the non-english dealt with the new player's confusion in a more polite and helpful way than you were. She hoped you would not continue to use the complaint function on the confused new player while she was in location dealing with his chat rule problems. That is why she was short with you. Using the complaint fuction about speech in location when there is a guard or mentor in location is not helpful.

It's great when players want to help. It is not helpful when more experienced players yell at new players who are confused and looking for help and it is not helpful to interfer with a mentor who is attempting to do something useful. I think that difference is important to stress.

Everyone can probably agree that friendly, helpful players are always wanted in the game.

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 12:54pm

complaints

as far as i understand the new rules something like that shouldn't happen... a lvl 9 shouldn't be alawed to attack a lvl 3 in this location... am i right?
http://www.warofdragons.com/fight_info.p…09&server_id=10 .well: