You are not logged in.

Wednesday, October 6th 2021, 11:32am

Penetration and Protection

Hi,

I've been wondering how penetration and protection work. And I got different and confusing Information from different players ingame.

I thought that fire-air protection was good against fire-air magic and you would counter that protection with fire-air penetration.

Some ppl confirmed that theory, some had a completly different theory.

It all started with this item, http://warofdragons.com/artifact_info.php?artikul_id=9209.
I asked why the bonecrusher buff has earth-water penetration instead of fire-air penetration. Since bonecrushers cast fire-air and not earth-water.

Some ppl explained to me, that infact earth-water protection is good against fire-air magic. And thats why the bonecrusher buff has earth-water penetration to counter that.

I would be thankful if someone could clarify how protection and penetration actually work :)

Thursday, October 7th 2021, 9:24am

Bonecrusher needs only fire-air penetration. This is a very good question why Earth Gift Charm does not have fire-air penetration - I guess the people who designed it did not themselves understand how penetration works.
With other Mentor we have checked a few times how it works, and even somewhere I have a video that confirm this fact.
Also there are an official answer from Russian admin on ru forum where he describes how penetration works. So....
Penetration:
Bonecrusher needs only fire-air
Dodger needs only dark-light
HW needs only earth-water

Protection:
Fire-air - against bonecrusher
Dark-light - against dodger
Earth-water - against HW