You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Legend: Legacy of the Dragons Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 22nd 2021, 11:57pm

I feel like this is one major factor which a large amount of the population is currently overlooking. You see the situation from your perspective, allow me to shed some light on it, as a level 20 raider.

When a player raids enemy lands, they have a high probability to be attacked by O'Delvays/Dartrong Guards. Per guard that is killed, there is a large chance that they will receive Guards' Attention (which upgrades per subsequent guard kill). By the time someone is ~5 locations into enemy lands, despite stacking speed blessings (heavens, lightning, speed arkat, dharog, summer speed elixir), they will most likely have fought and killed at least one enemy patrol guard, leaving them with the attention effect.

Now, onto the Elite Patrol Guards themselves. They are, to put it lightly, extremely strong. It scales by levels. For level 20s, they have 260k hp, hit around 600 (no crit) when a player does not use might charm (350-400 with). They reduce a players' stats and hp drastically. In short, they do their job effectively - stop raiders.

There are 2 ways in which an elite patrol guard can join a fight:
1) When a player has guards' attention
2) If a player attacks someone who is below their level. E.g. I attacked a level 18 human, the elite patrol guard still joined my scroll fight. (For context: I was very well blessed and in a red set, but had no guards' attention on me).

I completely understand why level 7-10s are now more concerned, but there is still quite a lot of protection available for them. In the broader scheme of things, it is unchanged for 11+, they were previously unprotected by the attack rule.

(P.S. if you do get attacked, slot a poison scroll. You'll get defender rep off them when they inevitably die to the Elite Patrol Guard)

Edit: Naturally there are a few locations which don't trigger Elite Patrol Guards, but with a bit of testing that is easy to figure out and then avoid.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "T-DeAdLY-J" (Nov 23rd 2021, 12:02am)

Tuesday, November 23rd 2021, 9:28am

im missing something, yes, how does this help a lvl 7 attacked by a lvl 13? bearing in mind raiders are usually buffed enough to kill any lowermlvl in 1 hit

Tuesday, November 23rd 2021, 10:09am

Yes, that is the one sole exception made possible by the rule but it does not discredit the overwhelming benefit it provides to players of other levels too.

Tuesday, November 23rd 2021, 10:13am

what overwhelming benefit? u didnt say

Tuesday, November 23rd 2021, 10:24am

An Elite Patrol Guard that will essentially win every fight for them if attacked by anyone who is not the same level (from level 14+). If someone plays smart then they will realise and build upon the benefits of that alone.

My comment above, however, was not solely aimed at non-mage players. The removal of the Attack Rule also helps change the dynamic for players of higher levels too. The prior attack rule provided an extreme level of protection for those who enjoyed the "hex and run" lifestyle. At the end of the day, one's own actions should be held accountable. So yes, there are overwhelming benefits when you look at the bigger picture - higher level players will be able to take action against such players now, with the natural caveat that Elite Patrol Guards will also kill them.

Tuesday, November 23rd 2021, 10:28am

umm so a guard will win fight, how does this help people not to die, get broken tools etc and sustain injuries? attackers i repeat are usually so blessed they kill low lvls in 1 hit, as for hex and run , chase them, i belive hex was provocation for attack?

Tuesday, November 23rd 2021, 10:37am

The dynamic itself hasn't changed that greatly. You are under the assumption that higher levels will focus their entire energy on hunting down lower levels. If they choose to attack after 5-10 locations into the enemy mainland, the question really turns to - why are they doing that? Would they really want to risk potential scalps that far in, just to kill a lower level? More than likely it would have had some reasoning behind it.

Also, how often did you see level 13s raiding to solely kill level 8-10s? The premise was still the same, wherein they could still be one-shot.

As for chasing those who hex and run, once you give it a bit of thought you will realise the challenges faced with that.

Wednesday, November 24th 2021, 6:46pm

Lv 20 suddenly creates a no attack rule in ruins due to destructive actions towards others on hunt :knight:

Whilst Lv 20 is the top level in the game it should not be regarded as the most important.

Lv 20 will now instead head to meridian lands to ruin hunts for lv 16-18 out of both spite and boredom. This happens on a daily basis. (Zara, Lost Soul, destructor) you name it.

"But they can only come once a day".

Yes but when they come one after another it becomes a complete BS scenerio to play in. Yet somehow for the exact same reasons changes are made to accomodate Lv20s. Every single day hunts get ruined with the exact same curses and we must wait until someone decides that they want a scalp or a possible +1

Carry on with this approach and you will see a triple increase with lv 20s in the game within the next 12 months which then unfotuantly to the most "important" people in the game this reduces even more hunt time all round :clap:

Sunday, March 27th 2022, 11:07pm

The dynamic itself hasn't changed that greatly. You are under the assumption that higher levels will focus their entire energy on hunting down lower levels. If they choose to attack after 5-10 locations into the enemy mainland, the question really turns to - why are they doing that? Would they really want to risk potential scalps that far in, just to kill a lower level? More than likely it would have had some reasoning behind it.

Also, how often did you see level 13s raiding to solely kill level 8-10s? The premise was still the same, wherein they could still be one-shot.

As for chasing those who hex and run, once you give it a bit of thought you will realise the challenges faced with that

You are under the assumption that higher levels will focus their entire energy on hunting down lower levels.

22:28 You have been attacked by T-DeAdLY-J [20] .
22:30 You have been attacked by T-DeAdLY-J [20] .
22:39 You have been attacked by T-DeAdLY-J [20] .

why are they doing that?

Because you`re stupid.

Sunday, March 27th 2022, 11:08pm

@sequana, darling, if Destructive actions is still a thing in the game rules (I dont read it anymore) do you think I should bother wih a complain in the Guard section? (this is a genuine question not a remark that no actions will be taken cause he is our clanie, husband, moderator or any other emoticons resting on TJ shoulders)

Sunday, March 27th 2022, 11:21pm

Your clannie attacked mine multiple times (outside of level range), so I did the same. Ask WHY before just coming here to complain.

Sunday, March 27th 2022, 11:33pm

The article of destructive actions still exists but is mainly applied on attacks within the same race, not natural attacks between races. Let me remind you, that this is a game about a war between two races.

More vulnerable levels are still protected by the attack rule which you can find here. Only interracial actions which can be considered destructive is the excessive use of silence scrolls.

I suggest to farm or hunt in save spots to avoid being attacked.
:!: Guards open their doors for new members. Interested? Please apply here! :!:

Monday, March 28th 2022, 9:43pm

deathwish
youve been lvl 10 for 10 years. just saying.
I snap shot all my postings, dont remove my comments and claim them to be off topic.any...threads/posts containing name-calling will be closed/deleted.

Monday, March 28th 2022, 9:47pm

The article of destructive actions still exists but is mainly applied on attacks within the same race, not natural attacks between races. Let me remind you, that this is a game about a war between two races.

More vulnerable levels are still protected by the attack rule which you can find here. Only interracial actions which can be considered destructive is the excessive use of silence scrolls.

looks like you ignored this whole skit when acro was attacking me back in the day because i didnt sell items at her ideal price. but still legal price.
I snap shot all my postings, dont remove my comments and claim them to be off topic.any...threads/posts containing name-calling will be closed/deleted.

Tuesday, March 29th 2022, 8:29am

22.03.2021 14:29 Deathwish [10] achieved 10 level.

u cannot tell difference beween 1 year and 10? sad :lol:

Tuesday, March 29th 2022, 10:34pm

youve been spent 6 years between 8-10. maybe longer im just seeing from when i started as crimmcreeper, maybe you been 8-10 for longer :) still my case rests. lvl up

Wednesday, March 30th 2022, 5:12am

8 level (09.11.2012) - 10 years for me later this year at lvl 8 so I win :lol:
:smoke:

Wednesday, March 30th 2022, 8:46am

13.02.2018 10:20 Deathwish [10] achieved 8-го level.
4 years, not 10, and i quit game for 2 years, your sence of time is so bad, and [edited]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "T-DeAdLY-J" (Mar 31st 2022, 11:35am) with the following reason: Not suitable to make personal comments or references to such things

Friday, April 1st 2022, 1:28pm

======================================================================================
False A. General attacks

From now on, there is an outright BAN on attacks against any player of the SAME and OPPOSITE race, whose level is below your level by more than 3. This rule only applies for attacks on players with level 6 or lower and is valid only on territories directly belonging to any of the races.

The attack rule does not apply to any attacks on players whose level is 7 or higher. see Lvl 6 and under only it says and Nefertiti is lvl 8