You are now in a position of honour amongst your fellow warriors. To be in this Order is to be a trusted and helpful player, answering queries and directing players to relevant parts of the site.
Here you will find the rules all Mentors must abide by. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in a your dismissal from the Order!
Mentors are players whose special responsibility is to assist other players, especially new players. They do this by answering any reasonable questions about the game, and helping solve any difficulties new players may have with the game, other players, or the site. They may have a direct answer, or they may point players in the right direction where they can get more specific help.
Mentor applications are only accepted when there is a need for new Mentors. At those times, a forum section called "Mentor Applications" becomes available and you can post your application there. Please do NOT write in the Hall of Mentors. If you are accepted, you will be informed in-game.
Applications to join the Order of the Mentors can be posted in the following links:
Human Mentor Applications
Magmar Mentor Applications
Note: You must have the Game Client installed to use the functions of a Mentor. You will not be able to use the Chat Log functions that are vital to your role as Mentor without it. Make sure you download the "Full (with media) + plugins" to get the full experience of the game now.
Click here to DOWNLOAD.
1. To assist new players in Settlement of Chernag or the Settlement of Klesva .
Mentors are required to complete a specific time of shifts per week. This differs depending on the race. There is no limit to the number of shifts that can be performed by a single Mentor.
There is a maximum number of shifts that should be done consecutively. It differs depending on the race. This may only be ignored if there are no other mentors present to provide relief.
NOTE: It is also preferred that shifts be spread over as many days in the week as possible.
2. To help players with questions and difficulties they ask in private and location chat. It is, however, perfectly reasonable to ask a player to wait for information if you are busy, or refer him/her to another Mentor. It is also reasonable to suggest to players who habitually ask a lot of questions to try and get information from the game guides or forums before asking a Mentor directly.
3. To help maintain a safe and friendly environment within the game for all players of all ages, cultures, backgrounds, and both sexes.
4. To mediate in disputes between players, where possible, and to refer relevant cases to the Guards.
5. To moderate the chat and give verbal warnings, warning gags and longer gags where appropriate when chat rules are broken.
6. To refer suspected cases of rule-breaking to the Guards .
Now, in addition to the above, Mentors have the power to moderate the Chat. What this entails, is for them to make sure that Chat Rules are not broken.
All Guards & Mentors will be following this procedure when a player (whatever the level) is not following the chat rules on a complaint:
1. Warning Gag with Explanation
2. Appropriate Gag with Explanation
3. Note if they deem necessary to bypass the 1 min warning gag when the situation calls for it. They just need to remember that they will be accountable to their action and should be ready to stand by it.
4. Complain with their explanation.
The proper procedure is to Gag first, Private message the offender with a polite but firm explanation and then Complain.
These rules only apply to complaints. If a Mentor witnesses a chat infraction while playing the game, they are obligated to handle the situation. In this instance a Mentor should NOT use the complaint feature but handle it themselves and report the gag, along with the chat log, in the appropriate thread designated by your HM.
It is helpful if Mentors make a special effort to go through the Forums answering posts where they can.
The following sections of the forum should be checked regularly:
Hall of Mentors
Once you have some experience as a Mentor, you will be able to accompany trainees on training shifts. You will be informed by the Head Mentor once you are experienced enough to do this. On a training shift, you advise the trainee in private chat on how to answer questions and deal with people, and use your gagging ability if it is required.
Removal from the Order of Mentors
Any player can be removed from the Order of Mentors at any time by the Administration without being offered an explanation. You should ask your Head Mentor, though, if you want an answer, since it is they who call upon the Admins to remove players from the Order.
As you become more experienced as a Mentor, you will work your way up the Mentor ranks, which are based on your shift number and quality, and any other ways you contribute to the game. The ranks differ between the Mentors of different races and can be consulted with the Head Mentor of each of them.